- Jul. 3, 2014 4:26 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
California lawmakers want to get money out of politics. Last week, state legislators approved a measure calling for a Constitutional Convention to overturn Citizens United. State Senator Mark DeSaulnier said, “Voters are clearly fed up, and polling shows this, with the notion that money is speech and big money can drown out the speech of average Americans.”
- Jul. 2, 2014 3:21 pmBy SueN
- Hilary Shelton, NAACP: 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Stephen Cohen PhD, The Nation / Soviet Fates and Lost Alternatives: From Stalinism to the New Cold War: latest on Ukraine
- Emperor Penguins, climate change & your calls
- Jul. 2, 2014 11:58 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
Fifty years ago today, President Lyndon Johnson went before the American people to announce the signing of one of the most important pieces of legislation in our history: the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That act banned discrimination on the basis of race, sex, or
- Jul. 1, 2014 9:46 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
There’s something lurking deep under the frozen Arctic Ocean, and if it gets released, it could spell disaster for our planet. That something is methane. Methane is one of the strongest of the natural greenhouse gases, about 80 times Read more