- The FBI may well be the smoking gun in a positive sense in whole torture mess. The legislative branch have no police apart from within the Capitol, the executive branch executes laws, judiciary. In the executive branch headed by the president there are different divisions, e.g. DoD, domestic intelligence, police. The DoD was getting orders from senior officials about torture.
- Happy Earth Day.
- Quote for the day: "Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect." - Chief Seattle, 1855.
- Article: Of Black Holes and Radio Silence, Elizabeth de la Vega.
- Don't let up on Attorney General Holder, call about Leura Canary, the Don Siegelman case. (202) 514-2001. Call Congress.
- There will be a daily prize for the best best blog, post, caller, comment in the chat room, best audio or video uploaded. It's all free.
- Article: Spain’s Falling Prices Fuel Deflation Fears in Europe.
- Book: "The Way of The World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism", Ron Suskind.
- Article: After Year of Heavy Losses, Citigroup Finds a Profit .
- Article: William K. Black on Bill Moyers Journal, April 3, 2009.
- Article: Eurozone shows few signs of recovery.
"It's a bloodthirsty religion that's practiced over there by a bunch of throwbacks, and we're to kill 'em." Michael Savage.
- Article: Just 53% Say Capitalism Better Than Socialism.
"Only 53% of American adults believe capitalism is better than socialism.
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 20% disagree and say socialism is better. Twenty-seven percent (27%) are not sure which is better.
- Privacy, which meant going to the privy in the founders' time.
- "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin.
- Article: Fujimori jailed for 25 years over role in killings.