- Show live from Stadtsteinach, Germany.
- Michael Moore, activist filmmaker whose films include "Roger & Me," "Bowling for Columbine," "Fahrenheit 9/11" and "SiCKO", joins Thom to talk about his latest film, "Capitalism: A Love Story". In theaters nationwide October 2.
- Scott Wheeler of the National Republican Trust.
- William Greider, reporter, national affairs correspondent for The Nation, best selling author of numerous books including his latest: "Come Home, America: The Rise and Fall (and Redeeming Promise) of Our Country".
- Dennis O'Donohue & John McQueen. Dennis is the Stuttgart Chairman of Democrats Abroad Germany; John is Deputy Vice Chair of Chapter Development and author of the election blog "Wednesday Wire". Live with Thom in Stadtsteinach, Germany.
- "Capitalism: a Love Story"...is it "love story" or "maybe we're just not that into it" anymore?!
- Lacking a fairness doctrine, how do we deal with people in the media who are aggressively trying to destroy this country?
- On making the Clintons' enemies list...how, why?
- Has Germany really gone right wing or is it a fallacy?
- Bumper Music:
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Welcome to a new UK station - all 3 hours "live" - Tyne FM - broadcasts to North-East England is one of the nine official regions of England including Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, and Tees Valley.
- Clip: Grayson: GOP Health Plan = You're Sick? Die Quickly.
"It's a very simple plan. Here it is. The Republican health care plan for America: don't get sick. That's right, don't get sick. If you have insurance, don't get sick. If you don't have insurance, don't get sick. If you're sick, don't get sick. Just don't get sick. That's what the Republicans have in mind for you, America. That's the Republicans' health care plan.
But I think that the Republicans understand that that plan isn't always going to work. It's not a foolproof plan. So the Republicans have a backup plan in case you do get sick. If you get sick in America, then is what the Republicans want you to do. If you get sick, America, the Republican health care plan is this: die quickly. That's right. The Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick.
Now, the Democrats have a different plan..."
- Clip: Grayson Not Backing Down: "I Apologize To The Dead".
"I call upon the Democratic members of the House, I call upon the Republican members of the House, I call upon all of us to do our jobs for the sake of America, for the sake of those dying people and their families. ...
I apologize to the dead and their families that we haven't acted sooner to end this holocaust in America"