Mar. 26, 2010 2:35 pm
- Is the climate of hate being fostered by Tea Parties and Republicans today as dangerous as the climate of hate in the 60's that led to the assassinations John, Robert & Martin?
- What about the mandates?
- Why do right wingers insist that Democrats are responsible for the violence?
- Bumper Music:
- Whatever It Takes, Lifehouse.
- Wake Up Call, Maroon 5.
- The Whole World, Outkast.
- So What, Pink.
- How Far We've Come, Matchbox 20.
- Policy of Truth, Depeche Mode.
- Dreamer, K'Naan.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- You can leave your hat on, Randy Newman.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "It demands great spiritual resilience not to hate the hater whose foot is on your neck, and an even greater miracle of perception and charity not to teach your child to hate." -- James Arthur Baldwin.