- Listen live
- Find a station
- Live Blog
- Show Clips
- Sue's daily stacks
- Affiliates: commercial
- Affiliates: non-commercial
- Why did Obama sell out his progressive base to make a deal with Republicans?
- Jamie Weinstein of the Daily Caller. Is Big Brother is coming to a Wal Mart near you?
- Professor Clarence B. Jones, former speechwriter and counsel to Dr. Martin Luther King. "Time to Think the Unthinkable: A Democratic Primary Challenge To Obama's Reelection?"
- Speech: Jimmy Carter televised "Crisis of Confidence" Speech on July 15, 1979.
"The energy crisis is real. It is worldwide. It is a clear and present danger to our nation. These are facts and we simply must face them. Moreover, I will soon submit legislation to Congress calling for the creation of this nation's first solar bank, which will help us achieve the crucial goal of 20 percent of our energy coming from solar power by the year 2000.
What I have to say to you now about energy is simple and vitally important. Point one: I am tonight setting a clear goal for the energy policy of the United States. Beginning this moment, this nation will never use more foreign oil than we did in 1977 -- never. From now on, every new addition to our demand for energy will be met from our own production and our own conservation.
The generation-long growth in our dependence on foreign oil will be stopped dead in its tracks right now and then reversed as we move through the 1980s, for I am tonight setting the further goal of cutting our dependence on foreign oil by one-half by the end of the next decade -- a saving of over 4-1/2 million barrels of imported oil per day."
- Bumper Music:
- I'm Going Left, Eric Clapton.
- Let's Work Together, Canned Heat.
- Diamonds And Coal, Incubus.
- Hey Big Brother, Rare Earth.
- Smooth Talk, Delbert McClinton.
- Every Breath You Take, Police.
- Born to Lead, Hoobastank.
- Pickin' Wildflowers, Keith Anderson (video). What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
Syndicated by Westwood One, Pacifica, and simulcast on Free Speech TV Network on Dish Network and DirectTV, and on radio stations, American Forces Radio, and Sirius/XM. Live in the US, Africa, Europe and across North America - more people listen to or watch the TH program than any other progressive talk show in the world.
Thom On Your Mobile Device