- Listen live
- Find a station
- Live Blog
- Show Clips
- Sue's daily stacks
- Affiliates: commercial
- Affiliates: non-commercial
- Republicans are trying to replay Jimmy Carter.
- John Nichols, Washington Correspondent - The Nation Magazine. The latest shenanigans in Wisconsin... and recall primaries are Tuesday.
- Karen Higgins, National Nurses United. Nurses Call for National Protests - Tax Wall Street vs Cuts for Mainstreet.
- Richard White, Professor of American History / author. Railroaded: The Transcontinentals and the Making of Modern America.
- Bumper Music:
- The Recall Song, Ken Lonnquist.
- Closer To The Heart, Rush.
- Count On Me, Bruno Mars.
- Stand Up, Jet.
- Simply The Best, Tina Turner (video).
- AllenTown, Billy Joel.
- Day-O (Banana Boat), Harry Belafonte.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- Press Conference: President Obama, July 11, 2011.
It’s not going to get easier. It’s going to get harder. So we might as well do it now -- pull off the Band-Aid; eat our peas. (Laughter.) Now is the time to do it. If not now, when? ...
We have agreed to a series of spending cuts that will make the government leaner, meaner, more effective, more efficient, and give taxpayers a greater bang for their buck. That includes defense spending. That includes health spending. It includes some programs that I like very much, and we -- be nice to have, but that we can’t afford right now. ...
I think it would give the American people enormous confidence that this town can actually do something once in a while; that we can defy the expectations that we’re always thinking in terms of short-term politics and the next election, and every once in a while we break out of that and we do what’s right for the country. ...
I’m happy to consider all options, all alternatives that they’re looking at. The things that I will not consider are a 30-day or a 60-day or a 90-day or a 180-day temporary stopgap resolution to this problem.
Syndicated by Westwood One, Pacifica, and simulcast on Free Speech TV Network on Dish Network and DirectTV, and on radio stations, American Forces Radio, and Sirius/XM. Live in the US, Africa, Europe and across North America - more people listen to or watch the TH program than any other progressive talk show in the world.