- Dec. 27, 2010 8:37 amBy shawnt56
You need to know this. The mainstream media has been taken over by Conservative ideology. A new Pew Research Center Survey studied the media exposure of politicians during the recent midterm elections. What they found was – out of the ten most covered candidates during the election season – the top 3 were all Republicans. And most surprising – Sarah Palin – who essentially has no job and was not running for one – received three times more coverage to spew her talking points than the sitting Vice President Joe Biden. Also – conservative commentators like
- Dec. 23, 2010 12:29 pmBy SueN
- Has our desire for bigger and better nests crushed the American Dream?
- Mark Henkel, National Polygamy Advocate. Should polygamy be legal or is it harmful to women and girls?
- John Devlin, 9/11 first responder; Operating Engineer with Local 15 in NYC. Remember 9/11? How about starting with the first responders?
- Dec. 22, 2010 11:27 amBy shawnt56
Truthout is proud to bring you an exclusive series from America's No. 1 progressive radio host, Thom Hartmann. We'll be publishing weekly installments of Hartmann's acclaimed new book, "Rebooting the American Dream: 11 Ways to Rebuild Our Country." We invite Truthout readers to join us as, chapter by chapter, we explore these groundbreaking ideas for national transformation.
The 111th session of Congress has passed more legislation affecting more people than any other Congress since the 1960’s...Dec. 22, 2010 10:39 amBy louisehartmann
On Capitol Hill - The START nuclear treaty passed a cloture vote yesterday in the Senate. 67 Senators agreed to end debate on the treaty setting up a final vote for passage today. Majority Leader Harry Reid will need all of those 67 votes to hold for the treaty to garner the necessary 2/3 majority for passage – and thus securing an important foreign policy victory for President Obama. And for that matter – the rest of the world that w
- Dec. 22, 2010 8:41 amBy shawnt56
You need to know this. President Obama is preparing to sign an executive order that will affirm the White House’s policy of indefinite detention for suspected terrorists. In other words – President Obama is following the same path as President Bush when it comes to throwing the legal rights of a suspected criminal out the window. 48 detainees at Guantanamo Bay have been selected for indefinite detention and will remain incarcerated with no charges brought against them for as long as the White House deems necessary. That number is likely to grow over the comin
- Dec. 21, 2010 7:52 pmBy SueN
- Dec. 21, 2010 7:12 pmBy SueN
- Dec. 21, 2010 6:49 pmBy SueN
- Anyone else starting to feel like they just don't care anymore?
- Mike Elk, Labor Journalist and reporter for the American Prospect. Is it time to use the force of government to keep American companies in America?
- Seton Motley, President of Less Government.org. The battle for freedom of information and speed of delivery on the internet continues...net neutrality and why the Comcast/NBC merger should die on the vine...
- Dec. 21, 2010 6:28 pmBy SueN
- Don't ever fall in love with a politician
- Congressman Ron Paul. The Libertarian Case for Wikileaks.
- Jack Hunter, columnist for The American Conservative Magazine and contributor to Fox Business News. The Conservative Case for Wikileaks.
- Joseph Farah, author of The Tea Party Manifesto; Founder, Editor and CEO of World Net Daily.com. Judge torpedoes Obamacare, warns of 'unbridled fed police'.
- Dec. 21, 2010 10:12 amBy louisehartmann
You need to know this. A new study by the Pew Research Center may explain why outrage isn't growing around the country over the unpopular war in Afghanistan. Simply – the media is not talking about it. This year – Afghanistan surpassed Vietnam as the longest military engagement in American history. It was also the bloodiest year on record in the 9-year war. In great detail – a release of wikileaks cables illuminated the conflict