It seems to me that the one umbrella under which the "Occupy ________________" protests might all be able to agree upon is the term CORPORATOCRACY which was coined by John Perkins in his brilliant book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman"...and what better way to describe FoxNews than "One Percent News"?
After laying off 40 percent of its local staff and phasing out a once promising line of business,…
Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/10/03/125967/lawsuit-leaves-large-gas-storage.html#ixzz1a0RGqahe
Obama gave away logging rights to 60,000 acres of Virgin Old Growth Pacific Northwest Rainforest to get the votes he needed for Obama "Health Insurer" Care.
Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/10/03/125965/gop-pushing-for-more-logging-in.html#ixzz1a0P0l6DP
60% of all Species extinct by 2100 with remaining 40% (not all edible) to be extinct soon there after.
do the math.
Pandering to his base in a bid to avoid recall Scott Walker has proposed free hunting and fishing in the state of Wisconsin.
Since I was banned by the progressive intolerence I had to change my ID to voice my opinion on this blog site. Those who accused me of being intolerent are guilty of the very thing they accused me of being. With a lack of facts to back arguments, it appears that progressives are not able to control their emotions when it comes to opposing points of view. The "CONS" as Thom so affectionately calls them are not so intolerent when a lefty blogs on their web sites. Weak arguments can't stand the heat.
The wealthy remind me of the boy from a wealthy family, with the only ball on the playground; if you don't do it his way he will take his ball and go home, so no, I don't think the wealthy care one little bit about the struggles of the middle class, small businesses and the poor and disabled.
Safety involves 2 major areas! Economic security is never talked about! I am concerned that sometimes the government thinks that safety just concerns military matters. The government forgets about the economic safety and security of the middle classes. The economic safety of the middle classes is never ever thought out! A country without a working and educated and strong middle class is DANGEROUS! I worry that the American dream is dying! Will China have their own version of an American dream---while the Americans will not?
History is important! Historians are being hi-jacked! FDR should be remembered. Can you do a show about how the powers that be are somehow trying to erase FDR from history! Bank deregulations and an improper analysis of the effects of globalism hurt the USA. How many jobs in the world are there and how many people need those jobs! Not enough jobs for the people, eh? This makes me think that economic chaos is going to happen throughout the world! Or then again, since no one in the mainstream media mentions this maybe i am wrong!
Its a pretty simple statement...
Citizens need to OCCUPY or REOCCUPY their individual responsibilities to be a functioning and responsible citizen in our democracy by doing two simple things:
1. Become more...and remian more INFORMED...about all the important elements of war and peace, our environment, economy, commons and politics and democracy...
2. Change historical "big event only" voting habits and give or withold their consent by voting in EVERY ELECTION-EVERY TIME...