February 09 2009 show notes
Feb. 12, 2009 8:14 am
By Thom Hartmann A...
- How Wall Street's "Masters of the Universe" Destroyed America?
- Guest: Carrie Lukas, Vice President for Policy and Economics, Independent Women's Forum. New lead rules for toys.
- Guest: Ralph Nader, author of "The Seventeen Traditions", attorney, former presidential candidate. Economy, jobs, stimulus package...what would Ralph do? A tax on derivatives.
- Guest: "Labor Segment": Rich Trumka, Secretary Treasurer of the AFL-CIO, White House economic advisory board. Why "Buy America" can bring jobs home.
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
- The economy is losing $450 billion a year.
- Article: The Destructive Center.
"What do you call someone who eliminates hundreds of thousands of American jobs, deprives millions of adequate health care and nutrition, undermines schools, but offers a $15,000 bonus to affluent people who flip their houses?"
A proud centrist. For that is what the senators who ended up calling the tune on the stimulus bill just accomplished."
Even if the original Obama plan