Rick Santorum wants America to be more like Iran?

Speaking of Iran – Rick Santorum wants the United States to be more like the rogue Arab nation. In an interview with ABC on Sunday – Santorum said, “I don’t believe in an America where the separation between church and state is absolute.”

In other words – Santorum believes we should institute a theocracy in America – just like Iran has. Rick Santorum wants to wipe clean 230 years of American tradition – going all the way back to the founding fathers – who looked around the world at theocracies and wanted America to be different – who wanted a separation between church and state.

Talk about the ultimate version of “Big Government” – Santorum believes in a government that will tell us what we can believe in – who we should pray to – and what our moral values should be.

Comments

Bill in Santa Fe 10 years 49 weeks ago

Now, just substitute "Quran" for "Bible" and "Muslim" for "Christian" in Sen. Santorum's prescription for a better USA, and see how far it will get. Sauce for the goose, as grandma used to say.

Liberty-First's picture
Liberty-First 10 years 49 weeks ago
That is why Canada has been raising the bar for immigration

I disagreed when GW stopped people from buying Canadian drugs. I like free market principals and personal liberty to choose.

You were doing real good right up till you put the spin on Santorum. Then you lost me. Are you suggesting “Santorum is against people reading and writing”?

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Liberty-First's picture
Liberty-First 10 years 49 weeks ago
That is why Canada has been raising the bar for immigration

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Recovering conservative2's picture
Recovering cons... 10 years 49 weeks ago

I think Rick wants everyone in the US to be as ignorant as possible except for those people he thinks will agree with him. He doesn't want people who will question him

Recovering conservative2's picture
Recovering cons... 10 years 49 weeks ago

Do you realize how Stupid you sound defending rick? Or maybe just snobbish

Clarissa Smith's picture
Clarissa Smith 10 years 49 weeks ago

After hearing today's speech of our amazing president, I have lots of hope we get the entire Congress back and the Republicans will watch from the sidelines how we take America back. Romney and Santorum are rhetorical dwarfs compared to the president.

Ayatollah Santorum, please convert and go to Iran! They're used to fanatics like you.

Recovering conservative2's picture
Recovering cons... 10 years 49 weeks ago

I hope by 2016, we can remove the blight known as the Republican Party / Tea Pary. It is interesting the Republicans are called the Grand Old Party when they have changed their name more often than the Democratic Party. What were they before they were republicans - whigs?

2950-10K's picture
2950-10K 10 years 49 weeks ago

Holy Cow!

Without separation of church and state, "We The People," are likely to be rights restricted in a manner congruent with the religious beliefs of those with political power.... "limiting birth control for example." With separation of church and state we all enjoy RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. It's that simple and is without a doubt what the founders intended!

Vote for freedom and move into the light with the 99%.

2950-10K's picture
2950-10K 10 years 49 weeks ago

Palindromedary: Very enjoyable and agreeable posts! You must be one of those tolerant and enlightened snobs.

Palindromedary's picture
Palindromedary 10 years 49 weeks ago

2950-10K: Thx! But, obviously, not tolerant of everyone...especially those who sound like they are moonlighting for Fox Snooze.

Liberty-First's picture
Liberty-First 10 years 49 weeks ago

HAHA!

arky12's picture
arky12 10 years 49 weeks ago

If you need a good laugh, go to Washington Post and read Kathleen Parker opinion on Rick Santorum and his "snob" statement. I laughed all the way through it. It was brilliantly written. Sorry that I can't put a link to it here. There are things I'd like to share with Thom's Facebook page, but can't seem to get them over there. If anyone knows how, let me know.

Liberty-First's picture
Liberty-First 10 years 49 weeks ago

Recovering conservative2

Actually, … I’m not defending Rick, I’m standing up for what he actually said, not what it was spun into by Liberal bias.

Also, … and with utmost respect, I thought I would point out that your screen name always shows up in Chrome and Firefox this way - “Recovering cons...”
When I first saw it I thought it was implying you choose the name Recovering cons AKA convicts from prison. I was trying to guess what the “cons….” Meant until I clicked on your bio and saw the name is “Recovering conservative2” Which makes a bit more sense than posting as a “recovering cons…” ?

I hope you appreciate that I always respond with your full name “Recovering conservative2”

And I’m not trying to be funny or sarcastic by telling you this in any way, I just thought I would point out that your screen name on Thom’s blog, as displayed on my monitors edits your name in that manner on my computer.
I am guessing that Thom’s blog software limits the amount of characters that it will display. As such, long screen names are compromised.

Be well

And Santorum got beat in MA and AZ so it’s a moot point. I expect Romney will be the next man to watch

clayguy61's picture
clayguy61 10 years 48 weeks ago

Then the question is what is a Christian? Is it following the teachings of Jesus? You might be correct. Is it following the teachings of the Bible? Then you are incorrect. Is it following the teachings of Rick Santorum and his beliefs? You are incorrect? So it depends on your definitions.

Thom's Blog Is On the Move

Hello All

Thom's blog in this space and moving to a new home.

Please follow us across to hartmannreport.com - this will be the only place going forward to read Thom's blog posts and articles.

"In an age rife with media-inspired confusion and political cowardice, we yearn for a decent, caring, deeply human soul whose grasp of the problems confronting us provides a light by which we can make our way through the quagmire of lies, distortions, pandering, and hollow self-puffery that strips the American Dream of its promise. How lucky we are, then, to have access to the wit, wisdom, and willingness of Thom Hartmann, who shares with us here that very light, grown out of his own life experience."
Mike Farrell, actor, political activist, and author of Just Call Me Mike and Of Mule and Man
"Thom is a national treasure. Read him, embrace him, learn from him, and follow him as we all work for social change."
Robert Greenwald, political activist and founder and president of Brave New Films
"In Cracking the Code, Thom Hartmann, America’s most popular, informed, and articulate progressive talk show host and political analyst, tells us what makes humans vulnerable to unscrupulous propagandists and what we can do about it. It is essential reading for all Americans who are fed up with right-wing extremists manipulating our minds and politics to promote agendas contrary to our core values and interests."
David C. Korten, author of The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community and When Corporations Rule the World and board chair of YES! magazine