- Listen live
- Find a station
- Live Blog
- Sue's daily stacks
- Affiliates: commercial
- Affiliates: non-commercial
- Why Mitt Romney is lying.
- Dr. John Lott, Economist/Author-latest "Debacle". New Indiana Law Allows Citizens to Shoot Police Officers.
- Fascism...it can happen here.
- Clip: Cindy Sheehan quoting George W Bush autobiography ghost writer Mickey Herskowitz: "As a matter of fact, in interviews in 1999 with respected journalist and long-time Bush family friend, Mickey Herskowitz, then Governor George Bush stated, 'One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as commander in chief. My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it. If I have a chance to invade, if I had that much capital, I'm not going to waste it. I'm going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I'm going to have a successful presidency.' "My Testimony for the Downing Street Memo Hearings" by Cindy Sheehan, June 16 2005.
- Quote: "The Danger of American Fascism" by Henry A. Wallace.
Fascism is a worldwide disease. Its greatest threat to the United States will come after the war ... within the United States itself... Another [facist] danger is represented by those who, paying lip service to democracy and the common welfare, in their insatiable greed for money and the power which money gives, do not hesitate surreptitiously to evade the laws designed to safeguard the public from monopolistic extortion...
Happily, it can be said that as yet fascism has not captured a predominant place in the outlook of any American section, class or religion. It may be encountered in Wall Street, Main Street or Tobacco Road. Some even suspect that they can detect incipient traces of it along the Potomac...But if we put our trust in the common sense of common men and 'with malice toward none and charity for all' go forward on the great adventure of making political, economic and social democracy a practical reality, we shall not fail...
American fascism will not be really dangerous until there is a purposeful coalition among the cartelists, the deliberate poisoners of public information, and those who stand for the K.K.K. type of demagoguery...
They claim to be super-patriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise, but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed is to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection...
The American fascists are most easily recognized by their deliberate perversion of truth and fact. Their newspapers and propaganda carefully cultivate every fissure of disunity, every crack in the common front against fascism. They use every opportunity to impugn democracy.
- Letter: "To Jeremiah Moor" by Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 14. 1800.
I may further say that I have not observed men's honesty to increase with their riches
- Letter: "To Edward Carrington" by Thomas Jefferson, 16 Jan. 1787.
I am convinced that those societies (as the Indians) which live without government enjoy in their general mass an infinitely greater degree of happiness than those who live under European governments. Among the former, public opinion is in the place of law, and restrains morals as powerfully as laws ever did any where.
Become a Thom Supporter
Click the Patreon button
Syndicated by Pacifica, and simulcast on Free Speech TV Network on Dish Network and DirectTV, and on radio stations, American Forces Radio, and Sirius/XM. Live in the US, Africa, Europe and across North America - more people listen to or watch the TH program than any other progressive talk show in the world.