- Sep. 25, 2010 6:16 amBy SueN
- Is insuring sick children really so dangerous that it's worth shutting the government down over?
- Decent Work for a Decent Wage?
- Sep. 23, 2010 7:52 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men. -- George Eliot
Hour One: Does capitalism kill competition and can the Fed save America? Plus, is there a movement in America to resegregate our schools? Reverend William Barber, President of the NAACP's North Carolina State Conference, will be here www.onenationworkingtogether.org
- Sep. 23, 2010 7:48 amBy louisehartmann
New York, September 23, 2010. The internationally syndicated Thom Hartmann Program is moving its base of operations to Washington, DC, from Portland, OR. Starting in October, Hartmann will be broadcasting his show from the nation's capital, building out a brand new radio and TV studio in a space contiguous with Talk Radio News Service.
- Sep. 23, 2010 7:15 amBy louisehartmann
The new GOP agenda for the house if they take charge is called "A Pledge To America" and it's really a pledge to big oil. The “Pledge to America” was written with oversight from Brian Wild, a House staffer who was a lobbyist for some of the nation’s most powerful oil, pharmaceutical, and insurance companies. Wild, who is on House Minority Leader John Boehner’s payroll, lobbied for AIG, Exxon Mobil, Pfizer Inc., and the U.S.
- Sep. 22, 2010 7:08 amBy louisehartmann
Some key parts of the new health care law are kicking in next week. Insurers will no longer be able to cap the amount of care they will provide or deny coverage to sick children. Children will be able to stay on their parent's insurance until age 26 and we will have some more rights in appealing insurer's decisions.
- Sep. 22, 2010 7:01 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: I’ve always had the impression that real militants are like cleaning women, doing a thankless, daily but necessary job. -- Francois Truffaut
Hour One: "Who's winning around the world...citizen activists or authoritarian governments?" Thom talks with Kumi Naido, Executive Director of Greenpeace International and author of the new book "Boiling Point" www.greenpeace.org
- Sep. 22, 2010 12:38 amBy SueN
- Dan Gainor of the Business and Media Institute.
- Jim Dean, Chair of Democracy for America (brother of Gov. Howard Dean).
- Professor Lawrence Norden, Senior Counsel-Brennan Center's Democracy Program; Director-Brennan Center's Voting Technology Project - Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law.