Daily Topics - Thursday September 30th, 2010Sep. 30, 2010 9:54 amBy shawnt56
Friday 24 September '10 show notesSep. 30, 2010 5:39 amBy SueN
- Show live from Minneapolis.
- Senator Bernie Sanders, (I-VT)
- Representative Ryan Winkler, Minnesota State Rep (District 44B, Golden Valley and St. Louis Park, Minnesota House of Representatives).
- Carmen Berkley, NAACP Regional Organizer/ONWT Dep.Dir. of Field Mobilization (Youth).
Daily Topics - Wednesday September 29th, 2010Sep. 29, 2010 10:11 amBy shawnt56
President Obama is Asking for Help from the Professional LeftSep. 29, 2010 9:48 amBy louisehartmann
President Obama called on progressives yesterday to get out and get active ahead of the midterm elections. The President, speaking at the University of Wisconsin, told the cheering crowd "we cannot sit this one out. We cannot let this country fall back because the rest of us didn't stand up and fight." The President continued, "progress is going to come, but you've got to stick with me. You cannot lose heart." Given that he has so often c
Daily Topics - Tuesday September 28th, 2010Sep. 28, 2010 8:58 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events, and in the total; of all those acts will be written the history of this generation. -- Robert Kennedy
Creeping Police State?Sep. 27, 2010 9:43 amBy louisehartmann
FBI agents have seized a laptop and documents form the Chicago home of a Hatem Abudayyeh, a well-known anti-war activist and US citizen, in an "attempt to silence his advocacy," said attorney Jim Fennerty, Executive Director of the Arab American Action Network. As many as eight addresses in both Chicago and Minneapolis were searched by the FBI on Friday. Fennerty says, "The government is trying to quiet activists...this case is really s
Daily Topics - Monday September 27th, 2010Sep. 27, 2010 8:58 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself. — Charles DeGaulle, French general and president, founder of the Fifth Republic (1890-1970)
Thursday 23 September '10 show notesSep. 27, 2010 7:38 amBy SueN
- the Rev. William Barber, NAACP-NC State Conference President and on the National Board of Directors.
- Swedish Ambassador Jan Eliasson, Chair of WaterAid International.
- Congressman Devin Nunes (R-CA, 21st District).
Wednesday 22 September '10 show notesSep. 27, 2010 5:14 amBy SueN
- Kumi Naidoo, Executive Director of Greenpeace International.
- Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR, 4th District).
- Richard Trumka, President of the American Federation of Labor - Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO).
- Dan Gainor, Vice President and T.
Tuesday 21 September '10 show notesSep. 27, 2010 4:38 amBy SueN
- Peter Lehner of the Natural Resources Defense Council and co-author of "In Deep Water: The Anatomy of a Disaster, The Fate of the Gulf and How to End Our Oil Addiction".
- Melanie Sloan, Executive Director of Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility in Washington.