- Mar. 27, 2020 4:33 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The coronavirus crash has turned the fact that we don't make anything in America anymore from a topic for philosophical and political debate into a crisis in our hospitals causing people to die and endangering our frontline health care workers.
- Mar. 26, 2020 3:07 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump spent years hanging out and doing business with mobsters and people associated with them. His lawyer, Roy Cohn, was the chief lawyer for the biggest mobster in New York City, and the Italian mob had infiltrated the New York construction and real estate business. Now Trump's mobster tendencies are bubbling to the surface.
- Mar. 25, 2020 4:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick of Texas has said, essentially, that old people should be willing and enthusiastic to patriotically die so that Trump can put the economy back into gear. Apparently he didn't get the memo that most of them will die in a hospital, clogging up our healthcare system and infecting our healthcare workers.
- Mar. 24, 2020 6:05 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The Associated Press recently did a good roundup story about how the Trump administration procrastinated for months before acknowledging the gravity of the situation that we face as a nation. It answers a lot of the "what" questions, but answers none of the "why" questions.
- Mar. 23, 2020 3:50 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
- Mar. 20, 2020 5:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Congress is debating how much money to give to corporations and average Americans to try to blunt the economic impact of this pandemic. Republicans have repeatedly blocked or reduced efforts to get more money to individuals at the low-end of the economic scale, saying that we can't afford to spend this much money.
- Mar. 18, 2020 4:52 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...On my radio/TV show last Friday, I said words to the effect of, "Get ready for unemployment levels that are worse than the Republican Great Depression. Get ready for a stock market failure that will be worse than the Republican Great Depression. Plan for the worst and hope for the best." Several people admonished me for talking "fearfully."
- Mar. 17, 2020 4:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Dear airlines, hotel chains, banks, and other industries who are begging Donald Trump and Congress for bail outs. Get in the f*cking line. Most of you didn't even pay taxes last year.
- Mar. 16, 2020 4:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...One of the video clips that has gone more viral than most is a Republican congressman on Fox News telling people how important it is that they go out to their local bars and restaurants to keep the economy from being hurt.