- Feb. 13, 2020 4:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As the world burns, and more and more fossil fuels are being used every day planet-wide, atmospheric carbon dioxide levels passed 416 ppm this week at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii. In the 300,000 years since the emergence of modern humans, carbon dioxide levels have never been this high.
- Feb. 10, 2020 3:38 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Americans love disruptors, and always have. It's part of our political DNA, stretching all the way back to the American Revolution. Thomas Jefferson ran for president as a disruptor, dedicated to bringing down the conservative regime of John Adams who had already put more than 20 newspaper owners in prison for saying bad things about him.
- Jan. 30, 2020 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The single most important defining characteristic of an authoritarian dictatorship is that the authoritarian leader uses the power of the state to maintain his own personal power. This is something that "divided government" - three separate branches of government that are coequal - was designed to prevent.
- Jan. 29, 2020 3:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Mike Pompeo lied to a reporter on the air, and then screamed obscenities at her afterwards. A few days later, he refused to allow another reporter from NPR on the state department airplane in punishment. Donald Trump just praised this behavior, Saying "You did a good job on her," as if it was some sort of a physical assault.
- Jan. 28, 2020 3:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As a possible pandemic looms on the horizon, the United States is the only developed nation in the world without a national healthcare system. Medicare For All is not just about saving as much as half of all of our half healthcare dollars, it's also about national security.
- Jan. 28, 2020 8:52 amBy Thom Hartmann A...The revelations in John Bolton's book, reported in today's New York Times, bring to mind the previous scandal surrounding a White House cover-up.
- Jan. 27, 2020 4:19 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Lev Parnas recently told Rachel Maddow that he's more afraid of Attorney General Bill Barr than he is of the mobbed-up foreign oligarchs he has betrayed. Barr, after all, can weaponize our prisons to punish Parnas.
- Jan. 23, 2020 2:11 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid are officially in the crosshairs of the Trump administration, and they intend to go after them this year.