- Sep. 28, 2020 3:27 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Back in the day, Donald Trump's niece alleges, he stole hundreds of millions of dollars from his father's estate, screwing his other family members and the IRS (you and me).
He then went on a massive spending binge, pouring that money into airlines, steaks, vodka, Trump-branded games, casinos, a fake university, etc. Virtually all of them failed, and he experienced multiple bankruptcies.
- Sep. 28, 2020 8:59 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Those who forget history, the old saying goes, are doomed to repeat it.
"Lawmakers on both sides indicated Tuesday that the Republican-dominated Legislature will call a special session by the end of the week to appoint its own slate of delegates to the electoral college," wrote Jeffrey Gettleman for The Los Angeles Times on November 29, 2000
- Sep. 25, 2020 8:11 amBy Thom Hartmann A...In the power grab to fill the Supreme Court seat announced the same evening as the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mitch McConnell didn't do anything new. The GOP has a long history of playing hardball power politics.
- Sep. 24, 2020 3:27 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...One of the big lessons that Donald Trump has learned through his years at the center of the New York tabloid media is that he can normalize just about anything.
When he was getting bad press because he was having an affair on his first wife, for example, he called newspapers pretending to be his own assistant to say that Marla Maples was astonished with "the best sex ever." It changed the entire newspaper narrative, and Trump proved to himself one more time that he can normalize just about anything.
Trump has told us how he and the Republicans plan to steal this election: can we stop him and save our republic?Sep. 23, 2020 4:44 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump became president by exploiting a loophole called the Electoral College. The majority of Americans did not want him or vote for him as president, but he's there anyway.
Now he's planning on using a different loophole, the 12th Amendment, to hang onto power.
- Sep. 22, 2020 4:03 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump said in a rally last night that the coronavirus, "Affects virtually nobody."
Apparently "virtually nobody" means 200,000 dead Americans, ranging in age from the elderly to infants.
- Sep. 21, 2020 4:23 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died, and while everybody is focusing on abortion, the Supreme Court, if it falls into hard-core conservative hands, could do massive damage to the entire spectrum of life in America.
- Sep. 17, 2020 4:43 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Although they haven't yet publicly acknowledged it in such stark terms, it's clear now that the Trump administration has decided pursue a herd immunity strategy to deal with the coronavirus.
Trump's new White House advisor on coronavirus, Scott Atlas, has said it on numerous occasions in multiple venues, and now our Attorney General, Bill Barr, is trying to argue that lockdowns to prevent the spread of the virus are as bad as slavery. Trying to achieve herd immunity in the United States against the coronavirus, assuming it's even possible, would involve between two and 6 million Americans dying.
- Sep. 16, 2020 3:49 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Last month Donald Trump brought a Fox News radiologist into the White House to advise him on the coronavirus.
Dr. Scott Atlas has no meaningful experience or training in public health or infectious diseases, but he offers his opinions in a way on Fox News that impressed Donald Trump.
- Sep. 15, 2020 4:50 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump and his billionaire buddies are letting America die.
The billionaires who make their money from fossil fuels have bought off Trump and Republicans so that they are denying climate change while a dozen states in the west burn and the Gulf Coast is repeatedly ravaged by hurricanes. Firefighters in California and Oregon are identifying the remains of homes where people died by the smell of burnt human flesh.