- Mar. 12, 2021 5:15 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Grifting is all the GOP has to offer anymore
Ten years ago, Peter Turchin published a provocative piece in Nature predicting we'd see massive political upheaval in 2020, because, he said, politics tends to go in cycles of around between 40 and 60 years, most often 50 years. He essentially predicted we'd see people in the streets last year like we hadn't seen since the late 1960s, and it turns out he was right.
- Mar. 11, 2021 4:40 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...For some bizarre reason, our media has missed what's right in front of their faces
While Fox News, rightwing hate radio and Republican politicians have been all over the "canceling" of racist Dr. Seuss drawings (by the family foundation) and Mr. Potatohead (by toymaker Hasbro), they've been quite vigorous in pursuing "cancel culture" in other areas.
- Mar. 10, 2021 3:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
- Mar. 9, 2021 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The right to vote is more important then owning property or guns
This week, Georgia passed the most restrictive voter suppression legislation since Jim Crow. In actuality, the Georgia legislature proves that Jim Crow never completely ended. It's alive and well today, in part, and its principal proponent is the GOP.
- Mar. 9, 2021 3:53 amBy Thom Hartmann A...More & more Americans are figuring out their feigned-outrage 40-year old scam
Now that "conservative ideas" have been so badly discredited, Republicans are resorting back to Big Lie and faux outrage techniques to try to hold their base together.
- Mar. 8, 2021 4:06 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Greg Abbot thinks he can get away with murder because Trump did — At least so far…
Normally when over a half-million people die from something entirely preventable somebody is held accountable. So far, that hasn't happened in the United States.
- Mar. 6, 2021 2:12 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Cranking up the culture wars won't stop the destruction of our democracy…but it might win elections
So, while the Senate was debating Joe Manchin's proposal to cut back unemployment benefits to Americans whacked by the coronavirus, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy was reading Dr. Seuss out loud.
- Mar. 5, 2021 4:44 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...HR1, the For The People Act, is probably the most consequential piece of legislation of the century. Consequential, at least, in the positive sense: with GOP voter suppression efforts spreading across the country, the future of both the Democratic Party and democracy itself is on the line.
- Mar. 4, 2021 4:34 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Americans "have got to know" if our last president conspired to commit treason and murder to end American democracy.
Did Donald Trump and some of the people around him conspire to have others murder the Vice President and Speaker of the House in order to hold power and conceal his crimes for another four years?
Time and evidence will eventually prove or disapprove that question, but the evidence before us right now is pretty grim.