- Oct. 22, 2020 2:25 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...A new study from Columbia University lays the deaths of tens to hundreds of thousands of Americans at the feet of the Trump administration and the Republican party.
Comparing the United States to other developed countries, they laid out how our lack of a systemic federal response to the coronavirus has endangered Americans.
- Oct. 20, 2020 4:15 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Only an established, legal "right to vote" can defeat Republican voter suppression.
Republican politicians and conservative commentators are shocked, shocked! that Chief Justice John Roberts would say that people who voted before election day in Pennsylvania but their ballots were delayed by Lewis DeJoy's sabotage of the Post Office should have their vote counted.
- Oct. 19, 2020 5:22 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Covid infections now represent the third leading cause of death in America. This is an extremely contagious, crippling and deadly disease.
On top of that, there's a growing legion of people who call themselves "long haulers," who have been seriously disabled by Covid and are unable to live a normal life because of severe chronic fatigue, screaming nerve pain, and other chronic conditions.
- Oct. 15, 2020 4:25 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Scientists are projecting 400,000 deaths by the end of the year from coronavirus, although a new study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association suggests that we have already undercounted the total deaths so far by as many as 75,000.
Meanwhile, we're learning that back in February the Trump administration gave a private briefing to elites at the conservative Hoover Institution, telling them the economy was about to get into big trouble because of the virus. As a result numerous multimillionaires and billionaires made a huge killing, while the American middle class got wiped out.
- Oct. 14, 2020 2:14 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...It's now semi-official. People within the Trump administration have laid it out: the actual coronavirus strategy of the federal government is now herd immunity.
That will require roughly 70% of America's 340 million people to become infected, a total of 238 million people.
- Oct. 13, 2020 4:34 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump is running around the country encouraging people to congregate and behave in ways that spread the coronavirus, and not a single Republican in Congress is warning their constituents about the dangers.
How is this different from Jim Jones encouraging his followers to drink cyanide-laced Kool-Aid while his enablers stand by? Isn't it just a matter of severity?
- Oct. 12, 2020 2:25 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump was bragging a week or so ago that Obama had "left me 128 judges to fill" as if Obama was just sloppy. The actual number was 105, but Obama didn't "leave" them; he'd appointed genuinely qualified people, many women and minorities, to fill every single one of those judicial slots, and Mitch McConnell simply blocked them in the senate for the last two years of the Obama presidency.
- Oct. 9, 2020 3:28 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...People are acting shocked-shocked, I tell you!-that the Trump/GOP strategy on coronavirus is essentially one of promoting herd immunity with the possible downside of as many as 2.5 million dead Americans.
We shouldn't be surprised. It's simply the logical extension of conservative policies on pretty much everything for the past 90 years-policies that have killed a hell of a lot more than just 2.5 million people.
- Oct. 8, 2020 4:28 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump was on television this morning sounding manic but not coughing. It seems he's gotten another steroid shot and is feeling better.
He attributes his recovery, or has in the last week, to the new monoclonal antibody cocktail from Regeneron that he took early in the course of his disease. And it may well be a wonder drug.