- Oct. 30, 2019 3:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...This week, the Republicans began rolling out their classic "Two Santa Claus" scam. When Reagan became president, the national debt was less than $1 trillion.
- Oct. 29, 2019 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...A program funded by both the Bush and Obama administrations to catch and stop pandemics that could kill hundreds of millions of people was just shut down by the Trump administration.
- Oct. 29, 2019 5:07 amBy Thom Hartmann A...People being killed by wildfires in California and people dying because they can't afford their insulin are the same thing. Both represent the capture of government by corporations-in other words, both are symptoms of democracy in the United States being replaced by a corporate state with little regard for morality, life or the law.
- Oct. 28, 2019 5:05 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Wildfires destroying people's homes in California and people dying because they can't afford their insulin are the same thing. Both are examples of how corporations have risen up and taken over the legislative process, turning the power of government to their own ends of ever greater profits.
- Oct. 23, 2019 2:27 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The sales pitch by so-called "moderate Democrats" and Republicans who take money from the insurance companies is that people "don't want to get kicked off their existing employer-provided health insurance plans." But workers don't make the choice of plans, their employers do.
- Oct. 23, 2019 7:36 amBy Thom Hartmann A...The Global Wealth Report tells us that the worlds millionaires, composing less than 1% of the worlds population, own more than half the worlds wealth.
- Oct. 21, 2019 3:31 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The number of Americans who called them selves Christian or religious has declined precipitously over the last decade, and the number of Americans who are "unaffiliated Christians", atheists, or unconcerned about religion or spirituality has increased.
- Oct. 18, 2019 2:16 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Even those of us old enough to remember have probably forgotten that in the spring of 1979 the Attorney General of the United States appointed a special prosecutor to look into his own president's ownership of his peanut warehouse, to make sure that he wasn't, in any way, making money from his presidency.
- Oct. 17, 2019 3:54 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...We complain about the state of American politics; about a mentally ill billionaire in the White House and a Republican Party crawling with hustlers and conmen, and a few in the Democratic Party as well. The complaints are legitimate, but most people don't realize why the situation is as bad as it is.