- Feb. 1, 2021 3:17 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Trump's trial may have to shift from insurrection to treason
Probably the largest question that the Trump impeachment trial must answer is both simple and straightforward: "Did the President lead or participate in a conspiracy to overthrow the government of the United States and install himself as a strongman dictator-for-life?"
- Jan. 31, 2021 5:51 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The roots and brutality of the January 6th coup attempt grew in the soil of libertarianism and Ayn Rand's writings
- Jan. 30, 2021 5:29 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Reagan Defunded the Democratic Party in 1981: It's Time to Return the Favor
Forty years ago this month, Reagan and his buddies decided they'd strip the Democratic Party of most of its funding. And their audacious plan worked.
Now that Democrats control Congress and the White House, they have an opportunity to turn the tables and defund the Republican Party with six simple steps.
- Jan. 29, 2021 3:06 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Is America Up to the Task of Reforming Both the GOP and the Options Markets?
GameStop and Donald Trump are the same thing.
In both cases, outsiders saw a decaying, billionaire-run and corrupt insider-only system, figured out how it worked, and used that system's own corruption against it.
- Jan. 28, 2021 4:02 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...We must expose the real threat to liberty
You think things are bad in America now? Wait until hungry heads-of-households stop hoping for help and start stealing from stores or kicking in doors to get food for their kids. It's already starting to happen.
We're in an unacknowledged Second Republican Great Depression.
- Jan. 27, 2021 3:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The work of 245 years & millions of lives dedicated or given to defend the American ideal could vanish
Today is the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, and is also the day after 45 Republicans in the Senate voted that Trump's attempt to turn America into a fascist state was just fine with them.
How does this kind of horror happen in otherwise civilized, advanced countries?
If America Doesn't Implement the "Buy American" Vision Now, the 21st Century Will Be the Chinese CenturyJan. 27, 2021 8:53 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Technological independence and repudiating "free trade" are key.
A technological arms race is underway right now between China, the United States and Western Europe.
The stakes include military superiority, economic prosperity, and the status of being the political and economic system the world wants to emulate.
- Jan. 26, 2021 2:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...It has to end, and you can help
It's time to end the filibuster and bring democracy to the US Senate.
- Jan. 26, 2021 8:56 amBy Thom Hartmann A...If Dems don't figure this out soon 2022 is a loss.
In politics, framing is everything, and Democrats must get with the program or 2022 will be a disaster.
Framing is when you define an issue by placing it within a particular context, usually done by careful choice of language.
- Jan. 25, 2021 9:31 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Don't give it to them: the moment demands justice
For many Americans, it's just now starting to seriously sink in that on January 6th Donald Trump's allies killed five people in an attempt to violently overthrow the government of the United States and replace it with an strongman oligarchic dictatorship.