Trump has told us how he and the Republicans plan to steal this election: can we stop him and save our republic?Sep. 23, 2020 3:44 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump became president by exploiting a loophole called the Electoral College. The majority of Americans did not want him or vote for him as president, but he's there anyway.
Now he's planning on using a different loophole, the 12th Amendment, to hang onto power.
- Sep. 22, 2020 3:03 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump said in a rally last night that the coronavirus, "Affects virtually nobody."
Apparently "virtually nobody" means 200,000 dead Americans, ranging in age from the elderly to infants.
- Sep. 21, 2020 3:23 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died, and while everybody is focusing on abortion, the Supreme Court, if it falls into hard-core conservative hands, could do massive damage to the entire spectrum of life in America.
- Sep. 17, 2020 3:43 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Although they haven't yet publicly acknowledged it in such stark terms, it's clear now that the Trump administration has decided pursue a herd immunity strategy to deal with the coronavirus.
Trump's new White House advisor on coronavirus, Scott Atlas, has said it on numerous occasions in multiple venues, and now our Attorney General, Bill Barr, is trying to argue that lockdowns to prevent the spread of the virus are as bad as slavery. Trying to achieve herd immunity in the United States against the coronavirus, assuming it's even possible, would involve between two and 6 million Americans dying.
- Sep. 16, 2020 2:49 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Last month Donald Trump brought a Fox News radiologist into the White House to advise him on the coronavirus.
Dr. Scott Atlas has no meaningful experience or training in public health or infectious diseases, but he offers his opinions in a way on Fox News that impressed Donald Trump.
- Sep. 15, 2020 3:50 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump and his billionaire buddies are letting America die.
The billionaires who make their money from fossil fuels have bought off Trump and Republicans so that they are denying climate change while a dozen states in the west burn and the Gulf Coast is repeatedly ravaged by hurricanes. Firefighters in California and Oregon are identifying the remains of homes where people died by the smell of burnt human flesh.
- Sep. 14, 2020 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Bob Woodward interviewed Donald Trump back in January and February and now tells us that, way back then, Trump realized that the coronavirus was not only quite deadly and would infect even children, but also was airborne and highly contagious.
- Sep. 11, 2020 3:11 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost."
- Thomas Jefferson in 1786, to his close friend Dr. James Currie
In 1983, 90% of the American media landscape (including magazines, books, music, news feeds, newspapers, movies, radio, and television) was dominated by 50 conglomerates.
- Sep. 11, 2020 12:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
Nobody Expected We Would Pay Such a Steep Price for Electing a Mentally Ill Criminal as President - Can We Recover?Sep. 10, 2020 2:52 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Our country, at the beginning of this year, faced four major threats: Climate change, COVID-19, Russian election meddling, and a worldwide nuclear arms race.
Donald Trump lied to us about all four of them. As a result, each, today, represents a larger threat than it did before he became president and hundreds of thousands of Americans have or soon will die because of his lies.