- Sep. 30, 2019 2:49 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Over the weekend, Donald Trump used words like "treason" and "Civil War" in his tweets, and called for the imprisonment of the US congressman who is leading the impeachment inquiry. Clearly, he is willing to put personal political survival above the good of our country, which is all the more reason he needs to be impeached right away.
- Sep. 26, 2019 2:50 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump, with the help of Mike Pompeo, Bill Barr and Mike Pence, has clearly tried to force a foreign government to find or manufacture dirt on his political opponents. This is impeachable. This is literally the definition of "High Crimes" defined in the Constitution.
- Sep. 25, 2019 2:57 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...At this moment when it appears certain that Donald Trump has used the power of his office for corrupt political purposes, the larger question that we will all live with for years is how will the Republican Party respond.
- Sep. 24, 2019 3:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Trump's Ukrainian extortion scandal is metastasizing across his administration. It's now apparent that his Chief of Staff played a role in stopping the money that Congress had appropriated for Ukraine to defend itself, and that Mike Pence communicated part of the implied threat, to the Ukrainian president.
- Sep. 23, 2019 2:20 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...In trying to solicit help for his presidential campaign from Ukraine, Donald Trump committed a unique crime: one that he could only do because he was president of the United States. Using your political office for your own personal and political advantage is the most severe form of political corruption possible.
- Sep. 18, 2019 3:40 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...General Motors just pulled healthcare for 50,000 workers. There are some Democratic candidates suggesting that people love their health insurance companies, but this calculated move by a giant corporation that you and I helped bail out proves that employer sponsored healthcare is just another tool to control workers.
- Sep. 18, 2019 7:56 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Now is a really important time to remind Americans of something that the roughly half of us who took civics in school know. Only Congress can authorize a war. It's right there in the Constitution. It requires a majority vote of both the House and the Senate to authorize war, and any war that is not authorized by Congress is illegal.
- Sep. 17, 2019 3:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The American media world-both social media and "news" media-is afire with the news that actor Felicity Huffman is going to jail for spending $15,000 to bribe her daughter's way into co