- May. 5, 2020 5:22 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump says that if he can't cut the flow of money into the Social Security trust fund, he will not sign any more stimulus packages to help out struggling Americans. He calls it a "payroll tax cut" but it's really a full-blown attack on Social Security itself.
- May. 4, 2020 5:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...With a new NPR documentary about George W. Bush and a recent video clip from the former president calling for national unity, it appears there's a full-court press on to try to clean up his legacy.
Will Trump get away with killing more Americans than have died in all our wars since the end of World War II?Apr. 30, 2020 4:20 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...All his life, Donald Trump has been able to escape responsibility by blaming others. Whenever his dozens of businesses failed, from his airline to his vodka company to his steak company, he always blamed it on incompetent management.
- Apr. 29, 2020 4:37 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The latest Republican scam to screw working class people and help out their billionaire buddies has to do with "open the state" orders and Trump's executive order about meatpacking plants.
- Apr. 28, 2020 3:47 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Researchers at the New York University School of Law analyzed the information available to the Trump administration through January, February and March and compared it with what Trump officials said, from Trump himself to Pence to Anthony Fauci.
- Apr. 27, 2020 4:37 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Virtually every developed country in the world is running an economic stimulus program right now for small businesses. In almost every one of them, 100% or close to all of the money the government gives the companies must be given directly to employees.
- Apr. 23, 2020 5:17 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
In an oligarchy, loyalty is more important than science or even reality. And, with the Trump administration, it appears that America has finally slipped into full-blown oligarchy. The question is whether we will recover from it and return to democracy, or whether the Trump oligarchy will cause America to descend into tyranny.
- Apr. 22, 2020 5:14 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Georgia Governor and corporate toady Brian Kemp said, "We will allow gyms, fitness centers, bowling alleys, body art studios, barbers, cosmetologists, hair designers, nail care artists, aestheticians, their respective schools, and massage therapists to reopen their doors this Friday, April the 24th."
- Apr. 21, 2020 5:13 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Right wing billionaires behind groups like ALEC and Freedomworks helped organize and fund tea party protests a decade ago, resulting in a healthcare program with no public option. Now they are funding hard-core right wing groups who are demanding governors stop protecting their citizens from the coronavirus.
- Apr. 20, 2020 5:48 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Trump, Fox News and America's right wing billionaires, who are all working together to stoke an "Open the country!" movement, are making a huge bet.
When Mike Pence was telling people in 2000 that cigarettes don't cause cancer, while many people no doubt died because of his advice, he was never held accountable for it.