- Aug. 19, 2019 2:33 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While most conversations about global warming end with concern about the possible extinction of the human race, long before that happens, nation after nation around the world will collapse, leading to a larger collapse of civilization itself.
- Aug. 15, 2019 2:11 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The United States needs to protect its domestic economy. We need to protect jobs in manufacturing. We need to rebuild manufacturing. But this needs to come from a comprehensive, coherent, multifaceted strategy that may well include tariffs.
- Aug. 13, 2019 4:11 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The endangered species act, signed by Richard Nixon in 1973, has been one of the most successful defenses of the great web of life in the history of American legislation. It has prevented extinction for 99 percent of species under its protection and accomplished a 90 percent recovery rate in more than 100 species throughout the United States.
The right-wing love affair with Ayn Rand ties conservatism to one of the most disturbing sociopathic killersAug. 13, 2019 7:44 amBy Thom Hartmann A...There's a direct link between a sociopathic killer in 1927 and the GOP's willingness to embrace a sociopathic president like Trump. That link runs through the work of Ayn Rand.
- Aug. 8, 2019 2:11 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...In one of the most vivid examples of the year, Donald Trump's ICE has shown us how this administration protects the interests and lives of the wealthy while attacking people who are poor, defenseless, and powerless.
- Aug. 6, 2019 2:11 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...According to new data from the federal reserve, if current trends of the rich getting richer and the middle class getting poorer continues at their current rate, in 33 years the top 10% of Americans will own one hundred percent of all American wealth. Everyone else will be in poverty and in debt.
- Aug. 6, 2019 8:08 amBy Thom Hartmann A...While, in the wake of the El Paso murders, the media and most of our politicians are acting shocked-"shocked, I tell you!"-that there are armed racists in America who are trying to terrify people of color, the reality is that it's pretty much always been that way here in the United States.