- Mar. 20, 2020 5:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Congress is debating how much money to give to corporations and average Americans to try to blunt the economic impact of this pandemic. Republicans have repeatedly blocked or reduced efforts to get more money to individuals at the low-end of the economic scale, saying that we can't afford to spend this much money.
- Mar. 18, 2020 4:52 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...On my radio/TV show last Friday, I said words to the effect of, "Get ready for unemployment levels that are worse than the Republican Great Depression. Get ready for a stock market failure that will be worse than the Republican Great Depression. Plan for the worst and hope for the best." Several people admonished me for talking "fearfully."
- Mar. 17, 2020 4:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Dear airlines, hotel chains, banks, and other industries who are begging Donald Trump and Congress for bail outs. Get in the f*cking line. Most of you didn't even pay taxes last year.
- Mar. 16, 2020 4:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...One of the video clips that has gone more viral than most is a Republican congressman on Fox News telling people how important it is that they go out to their local bars and restaurants to keep the economy from being hurt.
- Mar. 16, 2020 8:43 amBy Thom Hartmann A...We now know that people who are exposed to the coronavirus begin shedding viruses themselves within 24 hours of exposure, although it can take up to two weeks before they get symptoms. Healthcare workers and people in regular contact with large numbers of people should be tested regularly or perhaps even daily.
- Mar. 13, 2020 5:34 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The Constitution provides a couple of mechanisms for Trump to lose the 2020 election-both the popular vote and the Electoral College-and still hold the office of president for a second term.
- Mar. 12, 2020 2:53 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...After it was widely reported that Tom Hanks and his wife were able to simply walk into a clinic in Australia with the symptoms of a common cold and instantly get a coronavirus test - which was positive - Americans are beginning to ask out loud, "Why can't we get tested?"
Should The 25th Amendment Be Invoked to Get Trump Out of Office - Due to His handling Of the Coronavirus?Mar. 11, 2020 3:57 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...We are now all Seattle and New Rochelle. Two years ago, the Trump administration shut down the two high-level offices in the White House that were responsible for dealing with a pandemic. No longer exist.
- Mar. 10, 2020 8:24 amBy Thom Hartmann A...South Korea has tested over 180,000 people for the coronavirus. We have tested 500 in the entire country. Because of Trump's incompetence, our nation is completely unprepared for a pandemic. But there are small steps states, cities and businesses can take without Trump