America is at a fascist turning point - and only totally disempowering and humiliating Trump will stop itJan. 24, 2021 6:50 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Will our leaders and media have the courage to do it?
If Trump isn't exposed as a weakling fraud, our country dies.
Battle lines are now drawn in neighborhoods, workplaces, and even families, as longtime relationships are torn apart over loyalty to America's strongman fascist leader, Donald Trump.
- Jan. 22, 2021 4:14 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...It's about time the last one, Trump, is held accountable
Trump's impeachment trial is coming up in the Senate, and already his allies are trying to throw up procedural roadblocks to exhaust the effort to hold him accountable. Should America "move beyond" Trump? No friggin' way.
- Jan. 22, 2021 10:02 amBy Thom Hartmann A...It's time to cut them off from the "free lunch" of tax exemption
It's time for average Americans to stop being forced to subsidize politically radical religious leaders.
Franklin Graham, son of Billy Graham and heir to the multimillion-dollar Graham fortune, just publicly said that the 10 Republicans voting to impeach Donald Trump and the US House of Representatives were like Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Jesus.
- Jan. 21, 2021 4:38 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Other developed countries are doing all these things; we can, too
Since the Reagan Revolution, America has been slowly dying. Democrats must focus like a laser on three things to breathe new life into our country. They are Education, Healthcare, and a Green New Deal.
- Jan. 20, 2021 3:54 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Grifter Trump stole Trumpism, just like everything else in his life
The king is dead; long live the [new] king.*
With today's transfer of power in Washington, DC, Trump isn't dead, but the best hope for the future of America and the world is that his political movement does, in fact, die an ignominious death.
- Jan. 20, 2021 8:38 amBy Thom Hartmann A...White supremacy is real and white suppression of minorities, particularly Black people, absolutely permeates every aspect of our society, from business to culture to governance.
- Jan. 19, 2021 5:01 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Joe Biden must "pack the court"
Thanks to Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell, the Supreme Court has become a menace, and only Congress and President Biden can fix it.
The Big Lie and truth are in an epic battle for the soul of America - The media and brave politicians hold the keyJan. 18, 2021 3:43 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The media and brave politicians hold the key
The media must explode this generation's Big Lie: Donald Trump's assertion that he really won the election and "voter fraud" handed a false victory to Joe Biden.
Trump and his handmaids on Fox, et al, have pushed his Big Lie so hard and so far that more than half of Republicans fully believe it -thus some are predictably acting on it, from the January 6th failed coup to armed protests at state capitols all around the nation. As long as they believe the Lie, they're not going to stop or go away.
- Jan. 18, 2021 6:30 amBy Thom Hartmann A...In the process of killing the $2000 Covid survival checks, Mitch McConnell and his fellow Republicans resurrected their Party's longest-running scam, an idea laid out by Jude Wanniski back in the 1970s to use the deficit to destroy Democrats.
The history is fascinating, and not only tells us how they'll be re-running this long con but also what Democrats can do to expose it.