- Sep. 16, 2019 2:30 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While all the attention on the possibility of impeaching justice beer bong Kavanaugh is focused on his alleged sexual behavior, the real scandal is that the Republicans refused to release years of paperwork on his participation, when he was inside the Bush administration, with regard to torture and other war crimes.
- Sep. 12, 2019 3:14 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...For decades, progressives have been talking about eliminating the cap on the Social Security tax and raising Social Security benefits enough that retired and disabled people can actually survive.
- Sep. 11, 2019 5:37 amBy Thom Hartmann A...To save our republic, some of Trump's enablers and political appointees may have to go to jail, just like happened with Nixon's people.
- Sep. 10, 2019 4:22 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...If Trump gets reelected and Republicans stay in power in the majority of our states and in the United States Senate, what could be the worst outcome? Would it be the further transfer of wealth from the middle-class to the very rich? Would it be greater and greater student debt burdens on working people?
- Sep. 9, 2019 3:24 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The biggest and most destructive legacy of the Trump administration isn't just destruction of the environment, children in cages, or damaging the economy through a helter-skelter trade war. The biggest legacy, the one that is most likely to damage American democracy for generations, is the normalization of corruption.
- Sep. 5, 2019 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While many Americans are having a good laugh at Donald Trump's modification of a weather map with a sharpie, the grim reality is that this man's mental illness is so severe that he will go to almost any length to prove himself right, even when he knows, beyond any possibility of a doubt, that he is wrong.
- Sep. 4, 2019 3:07 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While we have recently been treated to 24/7 disaster porn around hurricane Dorian, the part of the story that's almost completely, missing from American coverage but commonly and prominently displayed in European coverage, is the role climate change is playing in amplifying the intensity of storms.
- Sep. 3, 2019 3:15 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Our media continuously miss the real stories. As our children are being slaughtered by weapons of war that no other developed country allows on its streets, our media fail to document the trail of money and lies from weapons manufacturers through front groups like the NRA directly into the pockets of politicians and political parties.
- Aug. 29, 2019 3:29 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...People like the Koch brother's shill on MSNBC from Reason Magazine like to promote deregulation; for example, this morning he was talking about how deregulating methane is actually a good thing. But deregulation can be extremely dangerous.