- Mar. 2, 2020 4:54 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As the corona virus spreads around the world, the United States find itself as the only country in the world without a national healthcare system that can confront it.
Coronavirus: Many Claim We Can't Afford Medicare-for-all, But, It Appears We Are About To Discover How Costly Our For-Profit Healthcare IsFeb. 27, 2020 4:53 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The coronavirus is now in the United States, and apparently the infection in California goes beyond just one person, because they can't figure out how that one person got it. Which means lots of people need to get tested, particularly if they have symptoms of a severe cold or flu which could indicate that they have the coronavirus.
- Feb. 25, 2020 4:30 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...From the 1930s to the Reagan Revolution, America grew the largest and most robust middle class in history. Along with strong unions, the main driver of that was that people earning more than about $10 million in today's money confronted a top tax rate of 91% until the 60s, and 67% until Reagan came into office.
- Feb. 13, 2020 5:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As the world burns, and more and more fossil fuels are being used every day planet-wide, atmospheric carbon dioxide levels passed 416 ppm this week at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii. In the 300,000 years since the emergence of modern humans, carbon dioxide levels have never been this high.
- Feb. 10, 2020 4:38 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Americans love disruptors, and always have. It's part of our political DNA, stretching all the way back to the American Revolution. Thomas Jefferson ran for president as a disruptor, dedicated to bringing down the conservative regime of John Adams who had already put more than 20 newspaper owners in prison for saying bad things about him.
- Jan. 30, 2020 4:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The single most important defining characteristic of an authoritarian dictatorship is that the authoritarian leader uses the power of the state to maintain his own personal power. This is something that "divided government" - three separate branches of government that are coequal - was designed to prevent.
- Jan. 29, 2020 4:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Mike Pompeo lied to a reporter on the air, and then screamed obscenities at her afterwards. A few days later, he refused to allow another reporter from NPR on the state department airplane in punishment. Donald Trump just praised this behavior, Saying "You did a good job on her," as if it was some sort of a physical assault.
- Jan. 28, 2020 4:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As a possible pandemic looms on the horizon, the United States is the only developed nation in the world without a national healthcare system. Medicare For All is not just about saving as much as half of all of our half healthcare dollars, it's also about national security.