- Jun. 3, 2020 5:00 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Trump campaigned on nostalgia for the past, with a slogan calling to make America great "again."
And, indeed, he has re-created many of the most notable moments in past American history.
He's brought back the pandemic of 1918, and the widespread death associated with it.
- Jun. 3, 2020 8:05 amBy Thom Hartmann A...When you tell people they won't be held accountable for their actions, it almost always ends badly. That's what's happened with our police and our social media, two institutional pillars of personal and political society in America today.
- Jun. 2, 2020 6:00 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Yesterday, Donald Trump violated the First Amendment "right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances" for a blasphemous photo-op holding a Bible in front of a church.
- Jun. 2, 2020 12:40 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Every advanced democracy in the world has its coronavirus epidemic largely under control except the United States. And we're on the verge of melting down again because a substantial minority of Americans simply don't know the basic science of how an epidemic works and why wearing masks is part of breaking the epidemic chain.
- May. 29, 2020 4:33 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump wants to go after social media because Twitter pointed out one of his lies. And, in fact, social media has done a lot of damage to America and the American body politic, with the most visible example being it's help in putting Donald Trump in the White House in 2016.
- May. 28, 2020 4:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Trump and Republicans don't want mail-in voting this November because it blows up a couple of their most effective voter suppression schemes.
- May. 27, 2020 4:51 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump and Jair Bolsonaro, presidents of the United States and Brazil, are essentially refusing to do anything consequential about an epidemic that is killing massive numbers of their own countries' citizens.
- May. 26, 2020 4:33 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The contours of Donald Trump's reelection strategy are coming into view. It appears he's trying to get as many people infected as possible in red states and swing states, so by November they will have herd immunity and can go vote.
History will not be kind to the billionaire Trump whisperers responsible for so many COVID-19 deathsMay. 21, 2020 4:50 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Several new studies and models suggest that if Donald Trump had simply declared a state of national emergency, largely shutting down the country, a few weeks earlier than he did, tens of thousands of people who are dead right now would still be alive.