- Sep. 18, 2019 3:40 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...General Motors just pulled healthcare for 50,000 workers. There are some Democratic candidates suggesting that people love their health insurance companies, but this calculated move by a giant corporation that you and I helped bail out proves that employer sponsored healthcare is just another tool to control workers.
- Sep. 18, 2019 7:56 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Now is a really important time to remind Americans of something that the roughly half of us who took civics in school know. Only Congress can authorize a war. It's right there in the Constitution. It requires a majority vote of both the House and the Senate to authorize war, and any war that is not authorized by Congress is illegal.
- Sep. 17, 2019 3:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The American media world-both social media and "news" media-is afire with the news that actor Felicity Huffman is going to jail for spending $15,000 to bribe her daughter's way into co
- Sep. 16, 2019 2:30 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While all the attention on the possibility of impeaching justice beer bong Kavanaugh is focused on his alleged sexual behavior, the real scandal is that the Republicans refused to release years of paperwork on his participation, when he was inside the Bush administration, with regard to torture and other war crimes.
- Sep. 12, 2019 3:14 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...For decades, progressives have been talking about eliminating the cap on the Social Security tax and raising Social Security benefits enough that retired and disabled people can actually survive.
- Sep. 11, 2019 5:37 amBy Thom Hartmann A...To save our republic, some of Trump's enablers and political appointees may have to go to jail, just like happened with Nixon's people.
- Sep. 10, 2019 4:22 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...If Trump gets reelected and Republicans stay in power in the majority of our states and in the United States Senate, what could be the worst outcome? Would it be the further transfer of wealth from the middle-class to the very rich? Would it be greater and greater student debt burdens on working people?
- Sep. 9, 2019 3:24 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The biggest and most destructive legacy of the Trump administration isn't just destruction of the environment, children in cages, or damaging the economy through a helter-skelter trade war. The biggest legacy, the one that is most likely to damage American democracy for generations, is the normalization of corruption.
- Sep. 5, 2019 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While many Americans are having a good laugh at Donald Trump's modification of a weather map with a sharpie, the grim reality is that this man's mental illness is so severe that he will go to almost any length to prove himself right, even when he knows, beyond any possibility of a doubt, that he is wrong.