- Dec. 9, 2020 3:44 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Politicians in New York State are discussing making Covid vaccination mandatory, and, predictably, Republican cultists are freaking out. "Freedom!" they scream as they run around maskless, assaulting their fellow citizens with virus-laden breath.
- Dec. 8, 2020 4:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...We've seen it around the world and throughout history: when a political party or government exists solely to serve the very wealthy, and begins to lose power, they inevitably turn to authoritarianism and police violence.
We saw this in Florida when Gov. Ron DeSantis sent State police with guns drawn to intimidate the family of whistleblower Rebekah Jones, who he'd earlier fired for refusing to lie about Florida coronavirus statistics and is now publishing a daily "Florida coronavirus dashboard."
- Dec. 7, 2020 4:13 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...What most vividly shows the difference between Ron DeSantis and Xavier Becerra? The crusade, and then the failure of that crusade, to make America into a fully authoritarian nation, and the return to democracy.
Donald Trump is a full-blown authoritarian; anyone who's ever read a decent history of Germany, Italy, or Spain in the 1930s, or knows the history of Pinochet in Chile, knows this is an irrefutable truth.
- Dec. 4, 2020 2:58 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
The GOP has been running a con job and grift on the American people for 40 years, and now Trump has added his own new and very profitable twist to it. He's not going to let go of it any day soon.
The Washington Post headline reads: "Trump raises $495 million since mid-October, including a massive haul fueled by misleading appeals about election." He's raised over $140 million just since he lost the election!
The headline over at Raw Story today reads: "A mysterious company created 9 months ago is the RNC's highest paid vendor of the 2020 election." Nobody knows who the company is, what they do, or who owns it, but it took $49 million from donors to the RNC.
- Dec. 3, 2020 2:51 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Trump and McConnell are both pushing pardons. Trump wants pardons for his criminal cronies, enablers, and children. McConnell wants pardons for meat packing plants and corporate criminals.
Although past presidents have had family members working for them - Attorney General Bobby Kennedy is a famous example - none have ever had to pardon their family members for criminal activity in the White House. Until Trump.
- Dec. 2, 2020 4:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans are proposing to let employers injure or even kill their workers and bring back the three-martini lunch...in exchange for one measly month of extended unemployment benefits.
Senate Republicans are trying to both sabotage the incoming Biden administration and screw working people by refusing to extend expanded unemployment benefits in Mitch McConnell's new "stimulus"; it does, however, make it illegal for workers to sue their employers.
- Dec. 1, 2020 4:28 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Florida governor Ron DeSantis says that he won't put into place a mask mandate because people in blue states that have used mask mandates are still getting infected. His logic is extraordinary; let's extend it.
All across the northern American states today, people are wearing coats, gloves, scarves and hats as they go outdoors. Yet only around 1330 Americans die of hypothermia every year, and almost all of those people were wearing coats, gloves, scarves and/or hats!
- Nov. 30, 2020 3:33 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Fascists and oligarchs within the Republican Party are already beginning preparations to steal the 2024 presidential election. Trump, it turns out, was just a dry run for them.
Their allies in the media are coming together, too. This weekend a Fox & Friends host suggested that Trump shouldn't have to go through the courts to stay President; Republicans in swing state legislatures should simply award their state's electors to him.
- Nov. 25, 2020 6:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump's treason extends far beyond his efforts to damage Americans belief in our form of government, our elected democratic republic, that Trump's oligarch buddies in Saudi Arabia, Russia and China also regularly disparage.
Trump's also actively damaging the ability of the incoming Biden administration to aid Americans during the Trump Depression, and to get the virus in check. In this, he has help from Steve Mnuchin and Mitch McConnell.
- Nov. 24, 2020 5:14 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Tens of millions of Americans are going hungry right now. Today. But Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans don't give a damn, because they only exist to serve their billionaire donors.
Almost 20 million Americans will lose all their unemployment benefits the week after Christmas, but Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans don't give a damn, because they only exist to serve their billionaire donors.