- Aug. 5, 2020 2:15 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...America needs to talk about Trump-proofing democracy for 2024 and beyond.
The billionaires with strong fascistic tendencies are carefully watching Trump and his administration to see what works and what doesn't as he pushes to tear apart our institutions of governance and divide America as a political strategy.
- Aug. 4, 2020 2:41 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...It's showing up in the obituaries.
People in the throes of agony from losing someone close to them are writing things like, "Instead of flowers, donate to a Democrat," or "instead of flowers, tell everyone to vote against Trump and the GOP this fall." It's become a national trend.
Trump and the Republicans are Willing to Damage America to Hang Onto Power - What Will Happen in November?Aug. 3, 2020 2:23 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump just tweeted his outrage that the State of Nevada is going to make it easy for all their registered citizens to vote by mail.
He knows, as Republicans have known for 40 years since Americans first started rejecting Reaganomics in widespread numbers, that when everybody can vote in America, Republicans lose elections.
- Jul. 30, 2020 12:51 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As an American dies every minute from coronavirus because Donald Trump and the Republican Party refused to do anything about it, they are now trying to use the coronavirus to mess with the election this November.
- Jul. 29, 2020 2:17 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Back on March 24, when Americans were just beginning to start dying from Covid in substantial numbers, I asked the question, "Why?"
Why did Trump initially procrastinate for two months?
Was he trying to squeeze a few months extra revenue out of his hotels?
- Jul. 28, 2020 1:32 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, Republicans' price for supporting unemployment checks and other benefits for average working people has been several trillion dollars shoveled directly into corporate coffers, both through tax breaks, grants, and the Fed buying trillions worth of corporate stocks and bonds.
Now Republicans are saying they want to cut people's unemployment benefits, and they'll only go along with giving unemployed people a measly $200 a week if they can also give immunity to corporate CEOs and managers when their stupid decisions cause people to die.
- Jul. 27, 2020 1:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Republicans in Congress right now are fighting each other over how severely they should cut back on unemployment benefits to people out of work because of this administration's incompetence in handling the coronavirus.
- Jul. 23, 2020 2:22 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Ever since the 1920s, when big business took over the GOP leading directly to the Republican great depression, Republicans have fought to give taxpayer dollars to billionaires and giant corporations while they actively try to screw working people and the poor.
- Jul. 21, 2020 2:20 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The Republican Trump administration has gone full authoritarian. Portland is a test, but only a test.
Donald Trump signaled his election strategy a few days ago when he talked about ending legislation passed back in the 1960s to support fair housing that he said had sent "people" out into "the suburbs."
- Jul. 21, 2020 7:28 amBy Thom Hartmann A...We have now reached peak Libertarianism, and this bizarre experiment that has been promoted by the billionaire class for over 40 years is literally killing us.