- Nov. 25, 2019 5:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...According to Ivana Trump, the book her husband had on his nightstand next to his bed during the years they were married had a passage in it that said: "The masses more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods.
- Nov. 22, 2019 4:11 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The current issue of the Atlantic magazine - itself founded in the years just before the Civil War - is ominously titled, "How to Stop a Civil War."
- Nov. 21, 2019 4:05 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The main lesson that we've learned so far from the impeachment hearings is that if Richard Nixon had had a billionaire like Rupert Murdoch with a television network like Fox News behind him, he never would've resigned and America would have continued to be presided over by a criminal.
- Nov. 19, 2019 5:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Colonel Vindman's testimony pretty much proves that Trump was trying to shake down Ukraine for information on Biden, and that the Republicans are doing everything they can to cover up this extortion attempt.
- Nov. 18, 2019 5:38 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Not many people are buying Trump's story that he just kind of on a whim, decided to go visit Walter Reed Hospital in a motorcade without even first calling his doctor because he thought it would be a good time to start his February annual check up.
The two most prominent theories right now are that
- Nov. 14, 2019 5:26 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...There is a very simple reason why some Republicans participated in the impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, but none have so far broken ranks against Trump. That reason is the US Supreme Court.
- Nov. 7, 2019 4:42 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Either it's an act of a master manipulator, or he has the best luck there is. Donald Trump wanted the Fed to lower interest rates, knowing that that would provide a solid and multi-year boost to the economy. But when Trump came into office, rates were already low and the Fed was not inclined to help.
- Nov. 6, 2019 4:57 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Well, now we know. The way for Democrats to win is by campaigning on the Green New Deal, debt free college, strengthening Medicare and letting it negotiate drug prices, free insulin, and covering every person in the state who doesn't have health insurance with Medicaid.
- Nov. 5, 2019 5:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The favorite phrase in the media right now is "Quid Pro Quo," which is Latin for "this for that." but in the law there is a different word for what Donald Trump and his buddies did: Extortion.