- Nov. 6, 2019 4:57 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Well, now we know. The way for Democrats to win is by campaigning on the Green New Deal, debt free college, strengthening Medicare and letting it negotiate drug prices, free insulin, and covering every person in the state who doesn't have health insurance with Medicaid.
- Nov. 5, 2019 5:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The favorite phrase in the media right now is "Quid Pro Quo," which is Latin for "this for that." but in the law there is a different word for what Donald Trump and his buddies did: Extortion.
- Oct. 30, 2019 4:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...This week, the Republicans began rolling out their classic "Two Santa Claus" scam. When Reagan became president, the national debt was less than $1 trillion.
- Oct. 29, 2019 4:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...A program funded by both the Bush and Obama administrations to catch and stop pandemics that could kill hundreds of millions of people was just shut down by the Trump administration.
- Oct. 29, 2019 6:07 amBy Thom Hartmann A...People being killed by wildfires in California and people dying because they can't afford their insulin are the same thing. Both represent the capture of government by corporations-in other words, both are symptoms of democracy in the United States being replaced by a corporate state with little regard for morality, life or the law.
- Oct. 28, 2019 6:05 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Wildfires destroying people's homes in California and people dying because they can't afford their insulin are the same thing. Both are examples of how corporations have risen up and taken over the legislative process, turning the power of government to their own ends of ever greater profits.
- Oct. 23, 2019 3:27 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The sales pitch by so-called "moderate Democrats" and Republicans who take money from the insurance companies is that people "don't want to get kicked off their existing employer-provided health insurance plans." But workers don't make the choice of plans, their employers do.
- Oct. 23, 2019 8:36 amBy Thom Hartmann A...The Global Wealth Report tells us that the worlds millionaires, composing less than 1% of the worlds population, own more than half the worlds wealth.