- Jun. 20, 2019 7:35 amBy Thom Hartmann A...If he times it right, Donald Trump might set back the Democratic Party for a generation or more; if he misses, he'll go down in history along with Herbert Hoover as the guy who brought the nation an economic disaster.
- Jun. 19, 2019 3:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Want to save the world, save some money, and live a few years longer than you might otherwise? You can do all three at once by simply going vegan. The single most powerful thing that any American can do to fight global climate change is to stop eating meat and dairy products.
- Jun. 18, 2019 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...In 1980, the Democratic and Republican parties went in different directions with regard to how to win elections. Knowing that so-called "swing voters" only represent about 5% of voters, Republicans worked hard to get out their base of hard-core right wingers.
Here's what the feud and reconciliation between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson can teach us about civilityJun. 14, 2019 7:03 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump did not invent the art of the political insult but he's inflamed the level of vitriolic public discourse and incivility to a new low unmatched by other presidents. In a tainted tradition that has permeated our history, other presidents have not been immune to dishing out acerbic insults against one another.
- Jun. 13, 2019 1:58 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The massive inequality we are now experiencing in the United States has a singular source. It started with the Reagan tax cut that took tax rates on the wealthiest Americans from 74%, where it had been for two generations, and lowered it to 25%.
- Jun. 13, 2019 6:06 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Little did Madison, Jefferson, or Henry realize that one day in the future, weapons-manufacturing corporations, newly defined as "persons" by a dysfunctional Supreme Court, would use his slave-patrol militia amendment to protect their "right" to manufacture and sell guns to individuals who would use them to murder schoolchildren
- Jun. 12, 2019 1:58 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...America is divided. With one single exception, every state is entirely under the control of one party or the other. A large part of this divide is being driven by big money propping up the Republican Party so that they can get lower taxes and less protections for the public, also known as regulations.
- Jun. 5, 2019 7:50 amBy Thom Hartmann A...The day after the Virginia beach shooting, the largest mass shooting this year, a spokeswoman for the NRA publicly argued that they had no role in the shooting.
- Jun. 4, 2019 12:41 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...People are asking why the shooter in Virginia Beach used a gun to settle his workplace score. The answer is probably pretty simple.
When a man has a gun, he literally holds the power of life and death in his hand. That kind of power is extraordinarily seductive.