- Oct. 1, 2020 6:16 amBy Thom Hartmann A...America's first COVID death was on February 29 of this year, roughly 200 days ago. In that time, more than 200,000 Americans have died of the disease, the equivalent of 1,000 people a day.
That's how many people would have died if between February 29 and today three fully-loaded jumbo jets had crashed every single day, even on weekends, for 200 days.
- Sep. 30, 2020 4:29 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...What we saw last night was the dictator's playbook.
Tell violent white supremacist racists to "stand by" and encourage them to show up at polling places to intimidate voters.
Bully, bluster and threaten like Mussolini did, promoting your brand as "tough guy" when in fact you're a lazy coward.
- Sep. 29, 2020 3:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump swindled his father's estate for several hundred million dollars and turned himself into a phony billionaire. We now know it was all a con.
The Trump administration, according to today's New York Times, was leaning on the CDC to provide any kind of evidence, no matter how thin or meaningless, that could be used to justify opening schools. We now know that was all a con.
- Sep. 28, 2020 3:27 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Back in the day, Donald Trump's niece alleges, he stole hundreds of millions of dollars from his father's estate, screwing his other family members and the IRS (you and me).
He then went on a massive spending binge, pouring that money into airlines, steaks, vodka, Trump-branded games, casinos, a fake university, etc. Virtually all of them failed, and he experienced multiple bankruptcies.
- Sep. 28, 2020 8:59 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Those who forget history, the old saying goes, are doomed to repeat it.
"Lawmakers on both sides indicated Tuesday that the Republican-dominated Legislature will call a special session by the end of the week to appoint its own slate of delegates to the electoral college," wrote Jeffrey Gettleman for The Los Angeles Times on November 29, 2000
- Sep. 25, 2020 8:11 amBy Thom Hartmann A...In the power grab to fill the Supreme Court seat announced the same evening as the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Mitch McConnell didn't do anything new. The GOP has a long history of playing hardball power politics.
- Sep. 24, 2020 3:27 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...One of the big lessons that Donald Trump has learned through his years at the center of the New York tabloid media is that he can normalize just about anything.
When he was getting bad press because he was having an affair on his first wife, for example, he called newspapers pretending to be his own assistant to say that Marla Maples was astonished with "the best sex ever." It changed the entire newspaper narrative, and Trump proved to himself one more time that he can normalize just about anything.
Trump has told us how he and the Republicans plan to steal this election: can we stop him and save our republic?Sep. 23, 2020 4:44 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump became president by exploiting a loophole called the Electoral College. The majority of Americans did not want him or vote for him as president, but he's there anyway.
Now he's planning on using a different loophole, the 12th Amendment, to hang onto power.
- Sep. 22, 2020 4:03 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump said in a rally last night that the coronavirus, "Affects virtually nobody."
Apparently "virtually nobody" means 200,000 dead Americans, ranging in age from the elderly to infants.
- Sep. 21, 2020 4:23 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died, and while everybody is focusing on abortion, the Supreme Court, if it falls into hard-core conservative hands, could do massive damage to the entire spectrum of life in America.