- Jul. 6, 2020 7:46 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
- Jul. 2, 2020 3:20 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...This morning on CNN a physician in Texas talked about having 10 young people with COVID-19 who needed immediate hospitalization and only having three beds left. He had to decide who is going to get treatment and who was going to be turned away from the hospital.
- Jul. 1, 2020 4:43 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Every time in American history there was the possibility of serious movement forward in civil and human rights, there has been a backlash by white racists resulting in new monuments to the Confederacy.
The Confederacy, of course, was the police state oligarchy that took over the American South in the 1820s and committed treason against the United States of America, killing hundreds of thousands of American soldiers and civilians in the process.
- Jun. 30, 2020 3:41 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Republicans are starting to behave as if they have figured out that Donald Trump is an incompetent, malicious, lying, white supremacist, dictator-loving racist whose stupidity and spite have led to the death of over 100,000 Americans, a number that will hit a quarter million by the time of the election.
Fact is, they've known this all along. They were shouting it during the primary back in 2016.
- Jun. 29, 2020 3:23 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...It appears there is at least one branch of the federal government that Donald Trump has been unable to corrupt. So far.
He put loyal toadies who would lie and cheat for him over at the Department of Justice with William Barr, at EPA and Interior with a couple of fossil fuel lobbyists, at the FCC with a Verizon lawyer, at the Department of Education with a billionaire hack who hates public schools, and he even a former defense lobbyist in charge of the Pentagon.
- Jun. 25, 2020 4:33 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Two weeks after America diagnosed its first case of COVID-19, Republicans in the United States Senate (with the single exception of Mitt Romney) refuse to vote to impeach Donald Trump.
- Jun. 24, 2020 3:20 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Impeaching Attorney General Bill Barr won't just protect us from a corrupt senior law-enforcement official; it will also strengthen our protection against the dangerous, autocratic tendencies of Donald Trump.
Trump famously asked once, "Where is my Roy Cohn?" He has found that person, that corrupt lawyer, in William Barr.
- Jun. 23, 2020 3:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...A spokesman for Donald Trump's campaign said, on CNN this morning, that they don't require people to wear masks at Trump rallies and events because "freedom."
Republicans have a bizarre notion of what that word means.
As President Franklin D. Roosevelt pointed out in 1933, "a necessitous men is not a free man."
- Jun. 22, 2020 2:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...George W. Bush and Donald Trump both lost the popular vote, by a half-million and 3 million votes respectively, yet occupied the White House even though a majority of Americans didn't want them there.
Similarly, in 2012 Democrats got 1.4 million more votes nationwide for the House of Representatives, yet that body was controlled by Republicans with a 33 seat "majority."
- Jun. 18, 2020 3:47 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump's trade guy, Peter Navarro, proposed that America should spend roughly $2 trillion to bring manufacturing back to the United States from China.
Doing this would both strengthen American national and domestic security, and create an explosion in what could be very good-paying jobs for American workers.