America Concentration Camps & Voter Suppression - What Will it Take for Trump Supporters To See the Light?Jul. 8, 2019 2:52 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...El Salvador and Honduras right now have the highest civilian homicide rates in the world. In the entire world. Even higher than countries like South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo, which are experiencing civil wars.
- Jul. 3, 2019 3:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While most of America is shocked and horrified by the stories and pictures coming out of Trump's concentration camps, part of America is delighted.
- Jul. 1, 2019 2:56 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Chuck Collins and Josh Hoxie are confirming the numbers that Bernie Sanders and other progressives keep pointing out - that three men in America own more wealth than the bottom half of America - over 160 million people.
- Jun. 20, 2019 3:06 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Back in 2001, after 9/11, Congress gave the president the authority to basically wage war anywhere in the world where there were governments affiliated with Al Qaeda, the radical Sunni Muslim group that came out of the Saudi Wahhabist movement. Iran is Shia Muslim, essentially the sworn enemies of the Sunnis.
- Jun. 20, 2019 7:35 amBy Thom Hartmann A...If he times it right, Donald Trump might set back the Democratic Party for a generation or more; if he misses, he'll go down in history along with Herbert Hoover as the guy who brought the nation an economic disaster.
- Jun. 19, 2019 3:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Want to save the world, save some money, and live a few years longer than you might otherwise? You can do all three at once by simply going vegan. The single most powerful thing that any American can do to fight global climate change is to stop eating meat and dairy products.
- Jun. 18, 2019 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...In 1980, the Democratic and Republican parties went in different directions with regard to how to win elections. Knowing that so-called "swing voters" only represent about 5% of voters, Republicans worked hard to get out their base of hard-core right wingers.
Here's what the feud and reconciliation between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson can teach us about civilityJun. 14, 2019 7:03 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump did not invent the art of the political insult but he's inflamed the level of vitriolic public discourse and incivility to a new low unmatched by other presidents. In a tainted tradition that has permeated our history, other presidents have not been immune to dishing out acerbic insults against one another.