- Oct. 21, 2019 4:31 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The number of Americans who called them selves Christian or religious has declined precipitously over the last decade, and the number of Americans who are "unaffiliated Christians", atheists, or unconcerned about religion or spirituality has increased.
- Oct. 18, 2019 3:16 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Even those of us old enough to remember have probably forgotten that in the spring of 1979 the Attorney General of the United States appointed a special prosecutor to look into his own president's ownership of his peanut warehouse, to make sure that he wasn't, in any way, making money from his presidency.
- Oct. 17, 2019 4:54 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...We complain about the state of American politics; about a mentally ill billionaire in the White House and a Republican Party crawling with hustlers and conmen, and a few in the Democratic Party as well. The complaints are legitimate, but most people don't realize why the situation is as bad as it is.
- Oct. 16, 2019 4:38 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The democratic debate, operating entirely within the context of corporate TV stars' questions and largely Republican frames, shows once again why a for-profit "news" operation shouldn't be running a presidential debate.
- Oct. 15, 2019 5:39 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Fascism has often been defined as the merger of corporate and state interests, combined with belligerent nationalism. Donald Trump has now put an unprecedented number of lobbyists - nearly 300 - according to a ProPublica and Columbia Journalism Investigation - in powerful positions throughout government.
- Oct. 14, 2019 4:03 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump's pathetic betrayal of our Kurdish allies in northern Syria highlights the importance of Congress taking seriously it's constitutional obligation to define and authorize war.
- Oct. 13, 2019 5:13 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump keeps insisting in his rallies, as he did last night, that he has lowered prescription drug prices, is protecting people with pre-existing conditions, and is improving Medicare. While everybody knows that he lies a lot, these are among the most pernicious lies.
- Oct. 11, 2019 3:52 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...There has been much discussion about what the framers of the Constitution thought about impeachment of the president, particularly given the wide range of impeachable things Trump has done, and the debate around whether impeaching him is consistent with the thoughts of the men who wrote the Constitution's impeachment clause.
- Oct. 10, 2019 3:53 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...It was bad enough that Donald Trump was making decisions like trying to steer the G7 to his Doral property in Florida, or keeping the Trump Hotel in DC when the lease with the Park Service forbids it, just to enrich himself.