- Sep. 3, 2020 3:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...So, our president committed a felony yesterday, right out in the open, encouraging Republican voters in North Carolina to vote twice. That's a felony, and encouraging people to commit a felony is a felony.
Typically he commits his crimes in somewhat less visible fashion, but this is a man clearly comfortable with committing crimes.
- Sep. 2, 2020 3:52 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The Guardian is reporting that Trump's Postmaster Louis DeJoy basically ripped off his brother to steal the company they had inherited from their father. Sort of like the way The New York Times reported that Donald Trump and his brother Robert conspired to rip off their brother Fred's estate and commit massive tax fraud by illegally stealing hundreds of millions of dollars out of their dad's estate.
These rich men who inherited their wealth from their parents and then turned into, essentially, monsters are the best evidence we need for a meaningful estate tax.
- Sep. 1, 2020 3:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump has told us that only 9000 people have died of the coronavirus in the United States, that shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times is like a bad putt at golf, that protests are being led by an airplane full of black-jacketed "thugs," and refused to condemn a vicious murderer who killed two people and blew the arm off a third. Now, he is threatening the Mayor of Portland with federal troops again.
Which raises the question, is this the America the majority of voters want to live in?
- Aug. 31, 2020 3:58 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...George W. Bush had 9/11, and Adolf Hitler had the burning of the Reichstag. In both cases, an attack on the nation brought people together behind their leader.
White nationalists, including those embedded in police departments, have been attacking Black Lives Matter protestors in high profile ways the last few months, and Donald Trump is hoping it will help him. Over the weekend, both Kellyanne Conway and Laura Trump said as much, even implying that people being killed in the streets is good for Donald Trump.
- Aug. 27, 2020 3:26 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump just guaranteed more Americans will die.
Trump has been saying for some time that he wishes there was less testing for coronavirus in America, because that would reduce the number of cases that we find, which would improve, in his mind, his numbers compared to other countries.
- Aug. 26, 2020 3:16 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As I pointed out in my book "The Hidden History of Guns and the Second Amendment," the reason the Second Amendment was written and passed was to protect the slave patrols of Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia.
In most cases, the slave patrols were volunteer vigilante groups, drawing from the population of local farmers and other white people whose economic survival depended on the larger plantations.
- Aug. 25, 2020 4:39 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The Republican convention's first day was filled with sturm und drang, warnings and fear, hysteria and demagoguery. And what were they so concerned about?
The largest fear seems to be that Black people would move into the suburbs, with Black Senator Cory Booker telling them which white houses to take over.
- Aug. 24, 2020 4:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Even the professional war criminals, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, are not willing to show up to this weeks Republican convention.
Donald Trump has gutted his party, although we should probably be grateful.
Trump and His Billionaire Buddies Grifter Con Job Becomes More and More Obvious as Steve Bannon is Arrested: Will America Finally Wake Up?Aug. 20, 2020 3:26 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Steve Bannon was just arrested for running a giant con on Trump supporters.
He and a few buddies started a "charity" inviting people to make contributions to help "build the wall" on our southern border. Gullible and vulnerable people gave them millions of dollars, and they used that money for their own purposes.