- Apr. 18, 2019 3:06 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...When Richard Nixon committed multiple Felonies, including accepting bribes in cash in the White House, Jerry Ford chose to pardon him.
When Ronald Reagan committed treason in 1980 to get elected, Attorney General Bill Barr shut down the investigation in 1992 with five pardons.
- Apr. 17, 2019 2:49 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV, are exploding across red state America right now as Republicans continue to refuse to fund programs like Medicaid expansion and sex education in school. It's just one example of the way that hard-core right wing Trump and Koch policies are actually damaging the United States.
- Apr. 16, 2019 2:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Bernie Sanders went on Fox News and showed us how someone who genuinely believes in his own policies can overcome questions designed specifically to make him look foolish. Every time the fox hosts tried gotcha questions or tried to provoke Bernie to get him upset, he handled it with elegance and with the support of the crowd.
- Apr. 15, 2019 3:09 pmBy SueNMike Pence and the multimillionaire televangelists who support him argue that to be a Christian one must discriminate against gay people, use the power of the state to prevent women from getting abortions or birth control, support tearing refugee children from their parents, and prevent the working poor from having access to healthcare.
- Apr. 11, 2019 1:34 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...American corporations have been running a con job for years. They declare to their stockholders and their CEOs that they've made huge profits, and then distribute billions of those profits to those same shareholders and CEOs.
- Apr. 11, 2019 11:01 amBy Thom Hartmann A...
Yesterday, in an interview with the Washington Post, Former Trump economic adviser Gary Cohn revealed he was "stunned" by Trump's proposed 2020 budget recommending $26 billion in cuts to Social Security and the Social Security Disability Insurance program.
What's stunning is that anybody would be stunned by this.
- Apr. 9, 2019 1:48 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...According to BuzzFeed News, the heads of the Kochhead caucus in Congress, Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows, are advising pharmaceutical companies to refuse to cooperate with Congress itself. The reporting indicates they're doing this because of their concern about the company's testimony's impact on the company's stock prices.