- Jul. 18, 2019 12:56 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Thomas Friedman, the confused billionaire, told us decades ago that "free trade" is what made the Lexus a successful product when, in fact, it was decades of Japanese government subsidies and explicit tariffs that did so.
- Jul. 18, 2019 7:17 amBy Thom Hartmann A...It's often said that if Trump is reelected, it'll be the end of democracy in America. But how could Trump get reelected, and how could democracy get wiped out in the USA?
Turns out, there's an actual project to rewrite our Constitution, turning America into a corporate-run oligarchy.
- Jul. 16, 2019 2:53 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...On Tucker Carlson's show, David Horowitz said, "The creation of America was probably the greatest gift given to Black people in 3,000 years..." He added that "the people who hate America on the left, and this embraces so much of the Democratic Party these days, have conducted a 50-year, 60-year attack on Christianity in this country."
- Jul. 16, 2019 1:39 amBy Thom Hartmann A...America has always been a racist country, but until recently (in the modern era) we didn't discuss it in "polite" company. Now, social media has created a "hive mind" among us, so the racism that was always there is clear and obvious. And Trump knows it, and is using it to connect with others in his part of the hive.
- Jul. 15, 2019 2:31 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Edmund Burke is often quoted as saying that all it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
Conservatives are silent as Trump's tweet telling women of color to go back to their ancestor's country amplifies the sort of thing that people like David Duke and the Klan have been saying forever.
It's just as explicitly racist and fascist as was his "very fine people on both sides" comment.
- Jul. 12, 2019 2:40 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...When Donald Trump was doing a reality show for NBC, he was messing with a few peoples lives - and apparently delighting in it - but the impact was minimal. Now he is quite literally running a daily reality show out of the White House and messing with the lives of all Americans and the planet more broadly.
- Jul. 10, 2019 3:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Russian president Vladimir Putin recently suggested that "liberal democracy" is "obsolete." He may be onto something, at least from the point of view of conservatives and neoconservatives in the United States and Europe. Indeed, a liberal democracy has been under attack for sometime.
- Jul. 10, 2019 7:42 amBy Thom Hartmann A...It looks like Donald Trump and the leadership of the GOP are encouraging other countries to hack our upcoming 2020 election.