- Sep. 4, 2019 3:07 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While we have recently been treated to 24/7 disaster porn around hurricane Dorian, the part of the story that's almost completely, missing from American coverage but commonly and prominently displayed in European coverage, is the role climate change is playing in amplifying the intensity of storms.
- Sep. 3, 2019 3:15 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Our media continuously miss the real stories. As our children are being slaughtered by weapons of war that no other developed country allows on its streets, our media fail to document the trail of money and lies from weapons manufacturers through front groups like the NRA directly into the pockets of politicians and political parties.
- Aug. 29, 2019 3:29 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...People like the Koch brother's shill on MSNBC from Reason Magazine like to promote deregulation; for example, this morning he was talking about how deregulating methane is actually a good thing. But deregulation can be extremely dangerous.
- Aug. 28, 2019 2:25 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...It's increasingly looking like the economy is on the edge of crashing and that Trump's tax returns are going to show that he was only able to keep himself out of bankruptcy with loans from Deutsche Bank, engineered by the son of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, and cosigned by Russian oligarchs.
- Aug. 27, 2019 4:17 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Back in the 2004 election, when Howard Dean was running in the Democratic primary, he did an interview with Chris Matthews and said that if he was elected president he would work to break up big corporate monopolies, including the big media companies.
- Aug. 26, 2019 3:06 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...While the Amazon is on fire, reporter Lee Fang details how Republican lobbyists in the United States are helping organize American multinational corporations to exploit that rain forest. Reporter Judd Legum tells us that fossil fuel lobbyists inside the DNC voted to kill a Democratic Party climate debate.
- Aug. 23, 2019 4:03 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...As the Amazon is on fire and the Democratic Party refuses to hold a debate focused on climate change, an Australian think tank has come out with a report suggesting the possibility that climate change could destroy human civilization within as little as 30 years.
How Did the America Media Miss the "Pro-Life" Movement Isn't about Saving Life - But - Is About Women Under the Thumbs of Men?Aug. 22, 2019 3:29 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Anti-abortion groups want you to believe they're all about saving "unborn" human lives, but a new poll shows that, for the majority of abortion rights opponents, that's a lie. The "pro-life" movement, it turns out, is fundamentally about keeping women down - a sentiment that's even shared by a majority of women who support forced pregnancies.
- Aug. 21, 2019 2:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Since the mass executions in El Paso by a white nationalist citing Donald Trump, six other right wing terrorists have been stopped and their guns taken away before they could commit crimes.
- Aug. 20, 2019 4:19 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Mike Pence's and the GOP's war on women took a sinister turn this week when Planned Parenthood was forced to abandon Title X funding; they can no longer get payment for serving low income women for cancer screenings and STD treatments.