- Jul. 1, 2019 3:56 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Chuck Collins and Josh Hoxie are confirming the numbers that Bernie Sanders and other progressives keep pointing out - that three men in America own more wealth than the bottom half of America - over 160 million people.
- Jun. 20, 2019 4:06 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Back in 2001, after 9/11, Congress gave the president the authority to basically wage war anywhere in the world where there were governments affiliated with Al Qaeda, the radical Sunni Muslim group that came out of the Saudi Wahhabist movement. Iran is Shia Muslim, essentially the sworn enemies of the Sunnis.
- Jun. 20, 2019 8:35 amBy Thom Hartmann A...If he times it right, Donald Trump might set back the Democratic Party for a generation or more; if he misses, he'll go down in history along with Herbert Hoover as the guy who brought the nation an economic disaster.
- Jun. 19, 2019 4:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Want to save the world, save some money, and live a few years longer than you might otherwise? You can do all three at once by simply going vegan. The single most powerful thing that any American can do to fight global climate change is to stop eating meat and dairy products.
- Jun. 18, 2019 4:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...In 1980, the Democratic and Republican parties went in different directions with regard to how to win elections. Knowing that so-called "swing voters" only represent about 5% of voters, Republicans worked hard to get out their base of hard-core right wingers.
Here's what the feud and reconciliation between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson can teach us about civilityJun. 14, 2019 8:03 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump did not invent the art of the political insult but he's inflamed the level of vitriolic public discourse and incivility to a new low unmatched by other presidents. In a tainted tradition that has permeated our history, other presidents have not been immune to dishing out acerbic insults against one another.
- Jun. 13, 2019 2:58 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The massive inequality we are now experiencing in the United States has a singular source. It started with the Reagan tax cut that took tax rates on the wealthiest Americans from 74%, where it had been for two generations, and lowered it to 25%.
- Jun. 13, 2019 7:06 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Little did Madison, Jefferson, or Henry realize that one day in the future, weapons-manufacturing corporations, newly defined as "persons" by a dysfunctional Supreme Court, would use his slave-patrol militia amendment to protect their "right" to manufacture and sell guns to individuals who would use them to murder schoolchildren