- Feb. 11, 2021 4:48 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Do they really think a BJ is worse than insurrection?
Fascism is on the rise in America, and Republicans in the Senate will either take a big step to stop it, or become complicit in its continued rise.
Alarmingly, several Republican senators, all with presidential ambitions, are signaling with their behavior that fascism and overthrowing the United States government is really just fine with them. They may even consider it part of their own future career path.
The Real Reason the GOP Supports a Lying, Corrupt, Narcissistic, Failed Real Estate Hustler and Reality TV StarFeb. 10, 2021 3:30 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Will support for an unrepentant traitor be the final straw?
In the last half of the 1700s and early half of the 1800s, American conservatives promoted and clung to slavery; they even fought a Civil War to preserve it.
Throughout the second half of the 1800s and into the first half of the 20th century, American conservatives fought to keep racial segregation and to stop the rise of labor unions, all on behalf of the "billionaires" of their era, popularly called the Robber Barons.
- Feb. 10, 2021 8:36 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Slippery Republicans who voted for Trump's stimulus are fighting Biden's stimulus…because an election is coming
There's a Democrat in the White House, so, predictably, Republicans are screaming that President Biden must shoot Santa: "No good things for Americans when a Democrat is in charge!"
- Feb. 9, 2021 3:11 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...It's about more than just the impeachment of Trump
Republicans are arguing today that impeaching Donald Trump after he has left office is unconstitutional and makes no sense…because he's left office.
This just proves that they're operating in the interest of politics rather than the United States, and a couple of simple data points blow their argument all to hell.
- Feb. 9, 2021 8:42 amBy Thom Hartmann A..."Conservatives" don't want a discussion of the commons because they want to plunder it for private gain.
It's almost entirely absent from our political dialogue, but the issue of who owns the commons and how they're to be used (and by whom) is at the core of almost all the major debates between Democrats and Republicans, conservatives and liberals, and even those advocating democracy versus those trying to install oligarchy.
- Feb. 8, 2021 2:58 pmBy SueNFor justice to prevail, even a "chosen one" who encouraged attacks on America must be held to account
He lied to his followers for years.
- Feb. 5, 2021 4:33 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The secret billionaires don't want you to know is that your pay won't change whether taxes go up or down
It's time to bring back the top 74% tax bracket that Ronald Reagan blew up, so average working people's wages can rise again and we can get our billionaire problem under control. It'll also enable America to return to the widespread growth and prosperity America saw before Reagan took a meat-axe to our economy.
- Feb. 4, 2021 2:42 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The GOP is at a crossroads & their crisis threatens the American experiment
Ever since Nixon took over the Republican Party in the 1960s, they've had to add fringe group after fringe group to get enough voters to win elections. Today, their Marjorie Taylor Green dilemma shows the severity of Nixon's party's crisis.
- Feb. 3, 2021 4:06 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...What's More Important: Democracy or Great Wealth?
Some years ago, Trump economic adviser Stephen Moore (before he was Trump's advisor) was a guest on my radio/TV program. I asked him, "Which is more important, democracy or capitalism?"
Without hesitation, he answered, "Capitalism."
- Feb. 2, 2021 2:59 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Will Americans wake up to how bizarre and toxic this rightwing ideology actually is?
What is freedom?
Earlier this week, a group of "freedom fanatics," shut down the Covid vaccination operation at Dodger Stadium, slowing down the process for hundreds of people before the police stopped them.