- Sep. 14, 2020 4:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Bob Woodward interviewed Donald Trump back in January and February and now tells us that, way back then, Trump realized that the coronavirus was not only quite deadly and would infect even children, but also was airborne and highly contagious.
- Sep. 11, 2020 4:11 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost."
- Thomas Jefferson in 1786, to his close friend Dr. James Currie
In 1983, 90% of the American media landscape (including magazines, books, music, news feeds, newspapers, movies, radio, and television) was dominated by 50 conglomerates.
- Sep. 11, 2020 1:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
Nobody Expected We Would Pay Such a Steep Price for Electing a Mentally Ill Criminal as President - Can We Recover?Sep. 10, 2020 3:52 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Our country, at the beginning of this year, faced four major threats: Climate change, COVID-19, Russian election meddling, and a worldwide nuclear arms race.
Donald Trump lied to us about all four of them. As a result, each, today, represents a larger threat than it did before he became president and hundreds of thousands of Americans have or soon will die because of his lies.
- Sep. 9, 2020 3:39 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Big business in America has informed the Republican party that their top priority is making sure that if they essentially force people back to work, provide them with a workplace lacking protections against the coronavirus, or negligently expose their customers to coronavirus, there will be no way to hold them legally responsible.
- Sep. 9, 2020 8:49 amBy SueNThe cover story of the December 2019 edition of The Atlantic magazine, founded itself in the years just before the Civil War, was ominously titled, "How to Stop a Civil War."
If we are, indeed, on the brink of a second Civil War, it's already being waged as a "cold war," with the occasional armed skirmish being provoked by the so-called Alt-Right movement, which, as of summer, 2020, had murdered thousands of Americans since Tim McVeigh kicked off the modern "boogaloo" white supremacy era.
- Sep. 8, 2020 4:29 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Last night in Portland, as the winds kicked up to 50 miles an hour, our sky turned a dark golden brown and the air filled with smoke. California is getting all the national news coverage, but the reality is that wildfires have consumed virtually every western state this summer.
This is what early-stage global warming looks like.
- Sep. 3, 2020 3:35 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...So, our president committed a felony yesterday, right out in the open, encouraging Republican voters in North Carolina to vote twice. That's a felony, and encouraging people to commit a felony is a felony.
Typically he commits his crimes in somewhat less visible fashion, but this is a man clearly comfortable with committing crimes.
- Sep. 2, 2020 3:52 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The Guardian is reporting that Trump's Postmaster Louis DeJoy basically ripped off his brother to steal the company they had inherited from their father. Sort of like the way The New York Times reported that Donald Trump and his brother Robert conspired to rip off their brother Fred's estate and commit massive tax fraud by illegally stealing hundreds of millions of dollars out of their dad's estate.
These rich men who inherited their wealth from their parents and then turned into, essentially, monsters are the best evidence we need for a meaningful estate tax.
- Sep. 1, 2020 3:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump has told us that only 9000 people have died of the coronavirus in the United States, that shooting an unarmed man in the back seven times is like a bad putt at golf, that protests are being led by an airplane full of black-jacketed "thugs," and refused to condemn a vicious murderer who killed two people and blew the arm off a third. Now, he is threatening the Mayor of Portland with federal troops again.
Which raises the question, is this the America the majority of voters want to live in?