- Jun. 25, 2020 5:33 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Two weeks after America diagnosed its first case of COVID-19, Republicans in the United States Senate (with the single exception of Mitt Romney) refuse to vote to impeach Donald Trump.
- Jun. 24, 2020 4:20 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Impeaching Attorney General Bill Barr won't just protect us from a corrupt senior law-enforcement official; it will also strengthen our protection against the dangerous, autocratic tendencies of Donald Trump.
Trump famously asked once, "Where is my Roy Cohn?" He has found that person, that corrupt lawyer, in William Barr.
- Jun. 23, 2020 4:09 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...A spokesman for Donald Trump's campaign said, on CNN this morning, that they don't require people to wear masks at Trump rallies and events because "freedom."
Republicans have a bizarre notion of what that word means.
As President Franklin D. Roosevelt pointed out in 1933, "a necessitous men is not a free man."
- Jun. 22, 2020 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...George W. Bush and Donald Trump both lost the popular vote, by a half-million and 3 million votes respectively, yet occupied the White House even though a majority of Americans didn't want them there.
Similarly, in 2012 Democrats got 1.4 million more votes nationwide for the House of Representatives, yet that body was controlled by Republicans with a 33 seat "majority."
- Jun. 18, 2020 4:47 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Donald Trump's trade guy, Peter Navarro, proposed that America should spend roughly $2 trillion to bring manufacturing back to the United States from China.
Doing this would both strengthen American national and domestic security, and create an explosion in what could be very good-paying jobs for American workers.
- Jun. 17, 2020 4:14 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Pacific Gas and Electric, known as PG&E, just pled guilty to killing 84 American citizens.
When they want to buy politicians' favors and votes, they claim that they are a "person," but when they admit to killing real human persons, they claim that they are just a corporation and therefore nobody can or should go to jail.
- Jun. 16, 2020 12:33 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Trump's rally in Tulsa this weekend and his moving the Republican convention to Florida both demonstrate that he is more than willing to take actions that will kill Americans in order to get his ego stroked and increase his chances of reelection.
- Jun. 15, 2020 8:48 amBy Thom Hartmann A...While Steve Mnuchin and Donald Trump are passing out hundreds of billions of dollars to each other and their good buddies while refusing to let the American people know who got what, the coronavirus continues its deadly spread. It's now killing over 1000 Americans a day.
- Jun. 11, 2020 4:37 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...On the same day Donald Trump announced that on Juneteenth he's going to go to Tulsa, Oklahoma, the home of one of America's most brutal and deadly riots where white people burned, looted and murdered African Americans in an iconic, historic and prosperous black community, to give a speech written by Stephen Miller, Trump supporters wearing Klan robes and hoods showed up in Nevada.
- Jun. 10, 2020 3:42 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Yesterday we saw the Republican's number one voter suppression strategy on display, as black areas in Georgia were absolutely deprived of enough voting machines and polling places to accommodate their citizens, producing lines as long as six hours to vote.