- Nov. 14, 2019 4:26 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...There is a very simple reason why some Republicans participated in the impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, but none have so far broken ranks against Trump. That reason is the US Supreme Court.
- Nov. 7, 2019 3:42 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Either it's an act of a master manipulator, or he has the best luck there is. Donald Trump wanted the Fed to lower interest rates, knowing that that would provide a solid and multi-year boost to the economy. But when Trump came into office, rates were already low and the Fed was not inclined to help.
- Nov. 6, 2019 3:57 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Well, now we know. The way for Democrats to win is by campaigning on the Green New Deal, debt free college, strengthening Medicare and letting it negotiate drug prices, free insulin, and covering every person in the state who doesn't have health insurance with Medicaid.
- Nov. 5, 2019 4:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The favorite phrase in the media right now is "Quid Pro Quo," which is Latin for "this for that." but in the law there is a different word for what Donald Trump and his buddies did: Extortion.
- Oct. 30, 2019 3:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...This week, the Republicans began rolling out their classic "Two Santa Claus" scam. When Reagan became president, the national debt was less than $1 trillion.
- Oct. 29, 2019 3:45 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...A program funded by both the Bush and Obama administrations to catch and stop pandemics that could kill hundreds of millions of people was just shut down by the Trump administration.
- Oct. 29, 2019 5:07 amBy Thom Hartmann A...People being killed by wildfires in California and people dying because they can't afford their insulin are the same thing. Both represent the capture of government by corporations-in other words, both are symptoms of democracy in the United States being replaced by a corporate state with little regard for morality, life or the law.