- Mar. 3, 2021 4:06 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...At this critical moment there is something you can do
It's no coincidence that in this same month that Republican state legislatures have introduced over 250 proposed laws to make it harder for people to vote, Arizona Republicans are also standing before the US Supreme Court trying to make voting more complicated, as well.
- Mar. 2, 2021 3:40 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...History shows that unions are the most powerful way to build a healthy and vibrant middle-class
Joe Biden just took a remarkable step toward restoring the American middle class: he openly defended the right of workers in Alabama to unionize their Amazon facility.
- Mar. 1, 2021 2:51 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...If Biden & Harris don't act now, the window will close
It looks like President Joe Biden is going to cave on the $15 an hour minimum wage. And it looks like Chuck Schumer is going to cave on ending the filibuster.
While these are disappointing failures to progressives because of the harm they'll do to working people, they're also extraordinarily dangerous to the future of American democracy.
- Feb. 28, 2021 1:36 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The terrorism we feared after 9/11 has now come to America but it came from within — it's time to crush it
It's time for American media to tell the truth about what's happening in the GOP: As the Republican Party continues to embrace Donald Trump and his white supremacist fascist ideology, that party is making the transition into a full-blown domestic-terror-supporting organization.
No American political party should ever condone terrorists within its ranks.
- Feb. 28, 2021 4:21 amBy Thom Hartmann A...Covid may soon be the least of our worries
Our planet is screaming a message at us, and Covid is part of that communication. The death of nature and the appearance of Covid are all part of the same thing.
- Feb. 26, 2021 3:31 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...America is, today, at a point of maximum peril only seen twice before in our history
Multiple Republicans, from former NRA spokespersons and rightwing talkshow hosts, to Republican congressional candidates, to the rightwing media are speaking out, loudly, about their concern that Joe Biden has not yet held a State of the Union address.
- Feb. 25, 2021 3:40 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Who wants to be a rich man in a poor country?
About 75 percent of Americans trusted the federal government to "do what is right" when polled during most of the last years of the Eisenhower administration and early years of Lyndon B. Johnson's presidency.
In 2019, when the Pew Research Center released its most recent poll of public trust in the government, only 17 percent of Americans trusted their government.
- Feb. 24, 2021 4:38 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...Dems must stop the religious hustlers, racists and billionaires from picking Uncle Sam's pockets
There's a recurring pattern to American politics that began in the 1980s, right after the Supreme Court legalized billionaires owning individual politicians in 1976 with their Buckley decision.
Prior to that, Democrats and Republicans worked together to craft legislation that involved some compromise on both sides but moved, generally, in the direction of enhancing the general health and welfare of the American people.
- Feb. 23, 2021 2:21 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...The GOP's lies should land them in the dustbin of history
Two weeks ago Jerry Schneiderman, my best friend for 50 years, didn't answer my call when I phoned his home to say hi. Instead, his stepson told me he'd been taken by ambulance to the hospital with Covid pneumonia.
When I finally got through to him at the hospital ER, he told me between gasps for breath that the doctors "aren't optimistic," that he missed his beloved wife, and his final words to me that day were, "I don't want to die here all alone."
- Feb. 22, 2021 5:01 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...With phony "concern for the debt," Republicans will try to sucker-punch a fourth Democratic President: will it work again?
"The only thing wrong with the U.S. economy is the failure of the Republican Party to play Santa Claus."
-Jude Wanniski, March 6, 1976