- Jan. 7, 2015 1:04 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
Earlier today, three gunmen stormed the Paris offices of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, killing 12 people, including two policemen. Although we still don’t know the motive behind the attack, it seems like it was in response to Charlie Hebdo publishing cartoons that mocked the Prophet Muhammad.
- Jan. 6, 2015 6:05 pmBy SueN
- Austin Petersen, The Libertarian Republic: Why are Libertarians embracing KXL pipeline?
- Professor Harvey J. Kaye, U of WI-Green Bay / The Fight for the Four Freedoms: What Made FDR and the Greatest Generation Truly Great: How America would look with FDR's Four Freedoms
- Is it too late to attain FDR's ideas for the US?
- Jan Frel, Alternet: The state of progressive media
- Jan. 6, 2015 12:23 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
Ross Perot is still right. During the 1992 presidential campaign, Ross Perot arguably played the role of spoiler. But he also played the role of realist. Throughout that campaign, Perot made it a point to highlight just how harmful so-called “free trade” agreements were for the United States.
- Jan. 6, 2015 8:46 amBy SueN
- Neil McCabe, Conservative Columnist-Townhall.com & Editor-The Washington Mercury: Should stair climbing be mandatory?
- Noel Flasterstein, Gun Rights For You: Call out the NRA over murdered NYC police officers
- The latest science on high-fructose corn syrup
- Jan. 5, 2015 1:16 pmBy Thom Hartmann A...
Tomorrow, Republicans will officially take control of the Senate for the first time since 2006. Once Vice President Biden finishes swearing in the Senate class of 2015, they will have a 54 to 46 majority over Democrats. It’s not a filibuster- or veto-proof majority, but it’s still a big deal for conservatives.