- Jul. 13, 2010 8:18 amBy louisehartmann
It looks like the ironic outcome of the BP mess will come in the form of a truly poetic gesture that involves a middle finger offered by BP's treasurer to British and American taxpayers.
- Jul. 13, 2010 7:50 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: " I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket." -- Major General Smedley Darlington Butler
- Jul. 12, 2010 8:47 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the day: Too many people expect wonders from democracy, when the most wonderful thing of all is just having it. -- Walter Winchell
Hour One: How is Wall Street starving millions and getting away with it? Harper's Magazine Contributing Editor Frederick Kaufman will be here http://harpers.org
- Jul. 12, 2010 8:35 amBy louisehartmann
Social Security has absolutely nothing to do with the federal deficit, as it's a separate self-funding program. Nonetheless, all the conservadems in the Obama Administration are talking about the deficit as an excuse to cut and partially privatize Social Security, instead of just lifing the cap on it so that Bill Gates will pay the same percentage of his pay into Social Security as you and I do. For example, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Ber
- Jul. 11, 2010 5:38 pmBy SueN
- Stephen Kiernan, author of "Authentic Patriotism: Restoring America's Founding Ideals Through Selfless Action".
- Dave Fidanque, Executive Director of the ACLU Oregon.
- U.S. Department of Justice vs. the State of Arizona? Playing hardball on immigration reform.
- Jul. 11, 2010 10:13 amBy SueN
- Jul. 9, 2010 8:48 amBy louisehartmann
Has over a year of Faux News right-wing fear mongering and Calling President Obama a socialist finally paid off?
- Jul. 9, 2010 8:39 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: “When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.” - Frederic Bastiat - (1801-1850) in Economic Sophisms
Anything Goes on Townhall Friday!!
- Jul. 8, 2010 9:47 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the day: The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks. -- Lord Acton
Hour One: How much more time, money and personnel do we continue to invest in Afghanistan? Author/Activist David Swanson will be here www.davidswanson.org
Hour Two: Financial reform...change we can believe in or are we screwed again? Andy Kroll of Mother Jones Magazine will be here talks about what's next www.motherjones.com
- Jul. 7, 2010 5:00 pmBy SueN