- Nov. 16, 2010 8:16 amBy shawnt56
Please Welcome David Sirota of AM 760 Colorado's Progressive Talk in for Thom today!
Quote of the Day: “In prison, those things withheld from and denied to the prisoner become precisely what he wants most of all.”
- Nov. 14, 2010 7:19 pmBy SueN
- Army Infantryman Jeff Hanks, soldier who went AWOL to get help for stress and anxiety, and is turning himself in today. Why aren't our soldiers getting the help they need?
- Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky (D-IL, 9th district). Is the White House about to cave on the Bush tax cuts?
- Dan Gainor of the Business and Media Institute. Don't start the revolution without me...?!
- Nov. 12, 2010 12:40 pmBy louisehartmann
Crazy Alert! A British Politician was arrested yesterday after taking to twitter and asking someone to stone a liberal journalist to death. Gareth Compton – a member of the Conservative Party - tweeted that he, “shan’t tell Amnesty if you don’t, it would be a blessing really,” if Yasmin Alibhai-Brown was stoned to death. It seems Mr.
- Nov. 12, 2010 10:54 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all. -- John F. Kennedy
"Anything Goes on Townhall Friday"
Hour One: "Brunch With Bernie" - Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) spends the hour with Thom talking about the important issues of the day and taking your calls www.sanders.senate.gov
- Nov. 11, 2010 9:59 amBy shawnt56
You need to know this about the Bush tax cuts. The millionaires and billionaires win again – it looks like President Obama is ready to give in to Republicans and extend all the Bush tax cuts. In an interview with the HuffingtonPost – Obama’s top White House advisor David Axelrod hinted that the only way middle class tax cuts can be extended – is by increasing the wealthy ones as well. This is the first time a senior official in the administration has gone on the record saying the President is willing to consider extending tax cuts for the rich.
- Nov. 11, 2010 9:42 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. ~José Narosky
Hour One: Why aren't our soldiers getting the help they need? Thom talks with Army Infantryman Jeff Hanks, soldier who went AWOL to get help for stress and anxiety, and is turning himself in today www.ivaw.org
- Nov. 11, 2010 8:35 amBy SueN
- Max Keiser, host of The Keiser Report on RT, film-maker/broadcaster and former broker/options trader. Ireland is in meltdown...what happened?
- Christopher Whalen, cofounder of Institutional Risk Analytics, author of the new book "Inflated: How Money and Debt Built the American Dream."
- Best of the Rest of the News.
- Nov. 10, 2010 5:46 pmBy louisehartmann
Is the Many of you may remember back in 2008 - as our economy was heading into full meltdown - there was also a food crisis hitting the entire globe. The price of wheat skyrocketed - creating panic around the world. 2008 became the first year in human history that the population of those who went hungry increased - an increase of more than 250 million people - in a single year! More than a billion people bordered on starvation.
- Nov. 10, 2010 12:08 pmBy shawnt56
You need to know this about our nation’s grim labor market. In Florida – a cash strapped mother of a newborn tried to sell her baby for $30,000 to pay off legal bills and buy a new car. Luckily the person she tried to make the sale to was an undercover cop and she was arrested. This case highlights a disturbing situation in our country though. Welcome to America – the home of a desperate underclass with no hope of finding a job. According to a new study by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics – there were 2.9 million available jobs in September – unfortuna