Sue's daily stacks
- Aug. 31, 2009 6:33 pmBy SueN
As many of you will already know, I am now producing the free Thom Hartmann Program Newsletter each day which includes a list of the guests and topics and all the major links to articles etc. I send it out shortly after the show. You can see today's here and the archive here.
- Aug. 13, 2009 7:32 amBy SueN
- Show live from Los Angeles.
- Quote: "The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the waters pure." - Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823..
- Apologies for last night's gig, so many turned up that many had to be turned away. People called out for how well Christine and Carl guest hosted.
- Aug. 13, 2009 3:45 amBy SueN
- Carl Wolfson & Christine Alexander of KPOJ Portland guest host, as Thom is traveling.
- Upcoming Events: Thom's book tour for "Threshold":
Aug 5th - Santa Monica, CA - Santa Monica Library.
Aug 17th - Minneapolis, MN
Aug 19th - Chicago, IL
- Aug. 12, 2009 5:35 amBy SueN
- Happy birthday to President Barack Obama.
- "DOES INEQUALITY STILL MATTER?".
- Article: "Remember the last time Republicans sent Angry Mobs to Disrupt Something? by rni_mccoy.
- Book: "The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Always Do Better" by Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett.
- Aug. 11, 2009 4:15 pmBy SueN
- Quote: "Take not from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." - Thomas Jefferson.
- Show live from Green 960, San Francisco.
- Article: "Spontaneous Uprising? Corporate Lobbyists Helping To Orchestrate Radical Anti-Obama Tea Party Protests by Lee Fang.
- Aug. 5, 2009 4:01 pmBy SueN
- Show live from Seattle.
- The blue dogs are hurting themselves, if health care loses, the same as in '94 with Clinton, Republicans will take seats from them.
- VISA's profits jumped.
- COULD "HEALTHY SAN FRANCISCO" BE A MODEL FOR UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE?
- Aug. 2, 2009 3:23 pmBy SueN
- Quote: "A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." - Thomas Jefferson
- "Is the media blowing America's health care crisis out of proportion?"
- Jul. 31, 2009 3:16 amBy SueN
- WHY IS ANDREW J. HALL, HEAD OF CITIGROUP INC.'S TRADING FIRM, THE REAL CRIMINAL IN THE CASE OF THE OBESE TEEN?
ROBERTS: If your child is obese, morbidly obese in medical terms, are you responsible? Even more, are you criminally responsible?
Well, in the case of Jerri Gray, the state of South Carolina says yes. And take a look why.
Gray gave us this school photo of her 14-year-old son Alexander. He weighs 555 pounds. He is now in foster care and she has been charged with criminal neglect. She told "The Early Show" on CBS how he got this way.