- Aug. 27, 2010 7:35 amBy louisehartmann
The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is reporting, according to FBI statistics that there's been a spike in anti-Latino hate crimes. This trend seems to be picking up steam side by side with the national debate over immigration reform. The report also takes a direct aim at politicians’ anti-immigrant rhetoric. For example, Texas Republican Reps.
- Aug. 26, 2010 7:48 amBy louisehartmann
In some big triumphs this year, the tea party movement has had successful wins against long-time Sen. Robert Bennett (R-UT), Tea Partier Trey Gowdy won over “reasonable Republican” Rep. Bob Inglis (SC), and now it looks like Senate candidate Joe Miller (R-AK) will beat current Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) in one of the biggest political upsets of the year.
- Aug. 26, 2010 7:32 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: It is our attitude toward free thought and free expression that will determine our fate. There must be no limit on the range of temperate discussion, no limits on thought. No subject must be taboo. No censor must preside at our assemblies. -- William O. Douglas
Hour One: NBC TV's new Fall show "Outsourced"...funny or offensive? Thom has a rumble with Dan Gainor of the Business and Media Institute www.businessandmedia.org
- Aug. 25, 2010 4:42 pmBy SueN
- Aug. 25, 2010 8:01 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: “Jails and prisons are designed to break human beings, to convert the population into specimens in a zoo-obedient to our keepers, but dangerous to each other.” Angela Davis
Hour One: What do yesterday's primary election results mean for November? Zaid Julani, Reporter for the Center for American Progress will be here www.americanprogress.org
- Aug. 25, 2010 7:14 amBy louisehartmann
Frontline, The New Orleans Times-Picayune and ProPublica are reporting that in the jumbled days after Hurricane Katrina an order circulated allowing the New Orleans police to shoot looters, according to present and former members of the department. Some officers who were aware of the order say they refused to carry it out.
- Aug. 24, 2010 7:18 amBy SueN
- Bill Keller, Televangelist/President of Bill Keller Ministries, Founder-LivePrayer.com, and proprietor of the forthcoming 9/11 Christian Center at Ground Zero.
- John Berlau, Director of the Center for Investors and Entrepreneurs, Competitive Enterprise Institute.
- Scott Wheeler of the Republican National Trust PAC.
- Aug. 23, 2010 7:53 amBy shawnt56
Quote of the Day: "We base all our experiments on the capacity of mankind for self-government." James Madison
Hour One: Should Roger Ailes be in Guantanamo for supporting terrorism? Thom has a rumble with Televangelist Bill Keller, Founder-LivePrayer.com, and proprietor of the forthcoming 9/11 Christian Center at Ground Zero www.911christiancenter.com