- Ron Bailey, science correspondent for Reason Magazine.
- Patty Lovera of Food and Water Watch.
- Ron Stoddart, Attorney/Executive Director of Nightlight Christian Adoptions.
- Faiz Shakir, VP of American Progress and Editor-in-Chief of Think Progress.
- Richard Wolff, professor emeritus of economics at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst; currently a visiting professor in the Graduate Program for International Affairs at the New School University in New York City and author of Capitalism Hits the Fan: The Global Economic Meltdown and What to Do About It".
- Total (egg) recall...what part of “government’s job is to keep us safe” don’t conservatives and libertarians understand?
- Will more regulation keep our food supply safe?
- Why are people dying of horrific diseases in order to protect a few cells in a Petri dish?
- Who’s really behind the tea party and the right wing revolution?
- Economy, housing numbers
- Bumper Music:
- The Chicken Dance (Der Ententanz), Original Oktoberfest Band.
- I am the Walrus, Beatles.
- The Twilight Zone, Marius Constant.
- Chicken Song, pmpo94.
- You can leave your hat on, Randy Newman.
- Little Bit Of Life, Craig Morgan.
- Bad Medicine, Bon Jovi.
- Work To Do, The Isley Brothers.
- Drive, Incubus.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "I have never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friendship." -- Thomas Jefferson.
Tuesday 24 August '10 show notes
Aug. 25, 2010 5:42 pm