July 23 2008 show notes
Jul. 28, 2008 4:47 pm
By Thom Hartmann A...
- Guest: John Berlau, Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI). Why does the new GSE bailout require a fingerprint registry?
- Guest: CNS Editor-in-Chief Terence Jeffrey. Guaranteed Government...
- Upcoming Event: August 02 - 03 - Madison WI. NonStop Radio Symposium.
- Guest: "Everything You Know is Wrong": Dr. Dagmar Herzog, CUNY. "Sex in Crisis: The New Sexual Revolution and the Future of American Politics".
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
Wednesday 23 July '08 show
- Article: McCain Gets History Of The Surge Wrong, CBS Doesn't Air Footage.
- Article: Richest Americans See Their Income Share Grow.
"Almost everyone I've talked to says, 'We're gonna move to Houston.' What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas... Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality, and so many of the people in the arenas here, you know, were underprivileged anyway. This is working very well for them".
Barbara Bush, September 05, 2005 (about poor Katrina refugees who had lost everything).
- Miami airport is strip searching people electronically.
- Quote: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." 4th Amendment.
- Article: GSE Bailout Contains Fingerprint Registry!! John Berlau.
"While pretty steep, $25 billion of our tax dollars isn