August 14 2008 show notes
Aug. 22, 2008 6:23 pm
By Thom Hartmann A...
- Guest: Kristan Hawkins, Students for Life. Does the new Planned Parenthood ad targeting teens about oral sex cross the line?
- Guest: Les Bernal, Stop Predatory Gambling.org. Should gambling (of any kind) be legal?"
- Social security is an insurance program rant.
- Murderous right wing speech.
- Guest: "Taking Our Country Back": Debbie Cook, Mayor of Huntington Beach. Running for Congress in California's 46th District against incumbent Republican Dana Rohrbacher.
- Guest: Christy Harvey, Center for American Progress, MicCheckradio.org. "News Under the Radar".
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
- Guest: Kristan Hawkins, Students for Life. Does the new Planned Parenthood ad targeting teens about oral sex cross the line? She's offended by the videos on takecaredownthere.org web site put up by Planned Parenthood, Oregon where kids of any age could see it, but she's only upset because it is public funded - he organization does get some public funds. She is calling for defunding of Planned Parenthood.
- Bumper Music: Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This),Eurythmics (video).
- Why can we talk about murder that few do, but not about sex that most do?
- Article: Georgia War a Neocon Election Ploy? Robert Scheer.
"Is it possible that this time the October surprise was tried in August, and that the garbage issue of brave little Georgia struggling for its survival from the grasp of the Russian bear was stoked to influence the U.S. presidential election?
Before you dismiss that possibility, consider the role of one Randy Scheunemann, for four years a paid lobbyist for the Georgian government who ended his official lobbying connection only in March, months after he became Republican presidential candidate John McCain