- Guest: Dennis Kucinich. His impeachment petition. His Oil for Iraq Liberation Act, Transcript.
- Economic meltdown?
- Guest: "Taking Our Country Back" Henry Sanchez. Running for Congress in Michigan's 3rd district.
- Guest: James Carafano, The Heritage Foundation. Is America's anti-war movement "wilting"?
- Guest: Advertising Success Story: Greg Boyce, Corbett Fish House, Portland, Oregon advertising on 620KPOJ.
- Guest: Larisa Alexandrova, Raw Story. The Paul Minor case, Siegelman case, plus Diebold.
- Guest: Christy Harvey, Center for American Progress, MicCheckradio.org. "News Under the Radar".
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
- Upcoming Event: August 02 - 03 - Madison WI. NonStop Radio Symposium, Exhibition Hall, Alliant Energy Center, 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way. NonStop Radio. Thom will give the tips and tricks needed to communicate more effectively. Thom will be doing the show live from WXXM ("The Mic 92.1"). Thom was catching a flight after the show.
- Article: Growth weaker than hoped; economy shrinks in Q4.
- Article: Weak US growth adds to gloom.
"The US economy grew at an annualised rate of 1.9 per cent in the second quarter, faster than earlier in the year but slower than economists were expecting, the commerce department said on Thursday."
- Article: In depth: US downturn.
- Article: US home prices plunge by 15.8%.
- Article: Record deficit of $482bn forecast for 2009.
- To what extent is the Drudge report the assignment editor for the American media? What a difference a headline makes. Why we need straight news web sites. Drudge pointed to the above news with "UP! Economy grew at 1.9% pace in second quarter... RECESSION ON HOLD...". The Financial Times said, "Weak US growth adds to gloom".
- Video: Nancy Pelosi on The View July 28th 2008.
- Book: "Nemesis: The Last Days of the American Republic", Chalmers Johnson.
- Guest: Dennis Kucinich. His impeachment petition. Nancy Pelosi saying she did not know of any crimes by Bush. His debate with Richard Perle in 2003. His Oil for Iraq Liberation Act, making sure American oil companies do not profit from war. Transcript.
- Bumper Music: War, Edwin Starr.
- Who do you think will be Obama's VP? AAR poll.
- Support Dennis Kucinich even though the party has concluded that with less than 100 days to the election, impeachment would subsume good news about Obama, it would be McCain vs. impeachment news. There should be hearings into crimes, so even though impeachment won't happen, keep pushing to increase the probability of hearings starting, and in January they will continue full force.
- Bumper Music: Messes, Chuck Cannon.
- Article: Olympics-2008: Amnesty accuses IOC of caving in to China's internet censorship.
- Book: "What's the Matter with Kansas? How Conservatives Won the Heart of America", Thomas Frank.
- Article: A Hidden Toll on Employment: Cut to Part Time.
- Bumper Music: I'm taking my country back, Tony Stampley, Honky Tonkers for Truth (lyrics) (mp3).
- Guest: "Taking Our Country Back" Henry Sanchez. Running for Congress in Michigan's 3rd district. Ex AT&T. Republican opponent Vernon J. 'Vern' Ehlers. Michigan jobs. Great stump speech. Issues.
- Article: The Wilting Anti-War Movement, James Jay Carafano, Ph.D.
"Hearing a presidential candidate "nuance" his position on the war in Iraq seems to surprise some in the media. But it shouldn