September 08 2008 show notes
Sep. 9, 2008 11:11 pm
By Thom Hartmann A...
- Why is thedownfall of Freddie and Fannie not considered a failure of privatization?
- Guest: Tim Graham, director of media analysis, Media Research Center.
- Guest: Cliff Arnebeck, chair of legal affairs for the committee of Common Cause Ohio. www.rovecybergate.com,
- Guest: Dr. Siegfried Othmer, Homecoming for Veterans.
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
Monday 08 September '08 show
- The Democrats are blowing it. The Republicans are successfully running against the Republican Party. Pete Sessions interview. 95% of the time McCain usually votes with Bush. Climate change. Immigration, campaign finance in 25 years. Palin as Mayor of Wasilla hired an Abramoff lobbyist, got huge earmarks yet left the town in debt. Queen of pork. Good friend of Alaska oil, but raised taxes to buy votes. The meme is out there that Republicans will shake up Washington. It could be a repeat of 2004.
"The original mavericks. He fights pork barrel spending. She stopped the Bridge to Nowhere. He took on the drug industry. She took on big oil. He battled Republicans and reformed Washington. She battled Republicans and reformed Alaska. They