October 21 2008 show notes
Oct. 22, 2008 9:23 pm
By Thom Hartmann A...
- The death on 10th October an old and dear friend of Thom, Armin D. Lehmann, "Hitler's Last Courier".
- Guest: James "Jim" Hoffa. The race to the bottom. Outsourcing.
- Guest: "The Postman". Author, "Choose Foreclosure: The Case For Walking Away".
- Guest: Bob Fitrakis, Professor of Political Science. What's happening in Ohio.
- Guest: "Taking Our Country Back" segment: Elwyn Tinklenberg. Running for Congress in Minnesota's 6th District against Republican incumbent Michelle Bachmann, who recently spoke on HardBall about anti American views on the left.
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
- Last week on the 10th October an old and dear friend of Thom's died, Armin Lehmann. The 16 year old courier kid who was the last person to see Hitler alive, as portrayed in the movie "Downfall", was Armin. Thom was teaching workshops in the travel industry with him in the late 80s years before he found out.
- Video: Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign, St. Clairsville, OH.
"I'm afraid if he wins, the black will take over. He's not a Christian! This is a Christian nation! What is our country gonna end up like?"
"When you got a Negro running for president, you need a first stringer. He's definitely a second stringer."
"He seems like a sheep - or a wolf in sheep's clothing to be honest with you. And I believe Palin - she's filled with the Holy Spirit, and I believe she's gonna bring honesty and integrity to the White House."
"He's related to a known terrorist, for one."
"He is friends with a terrorist of this country!"
"He must support terrorists! You know, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. And that to me is Obama."
"Just the whole, Muslim thing, and everything, I mean, everybody's still kinda, and a lot of people have forgotten about 9/11, but... I dunno, it's just kinda... a little unnerving."
"Obama and his wife, I'm concerned that they could be anti-white. That he might hide that."
"I don't like the fact that he thinks us white people are trash... because we're not!"
- Book: "Hitler's Last Courier", Armin D. Lehmann.
- Article: From Hitler's bunker to Coos Bay.
"Armin was 4 when the Third Reich began, and 16 when it ended before his eyes. It took the rest of his life for Armin to learn to forgive himself. His nightmares never went away. ...
His passion, and his heroism, led to a meeting with the F