- Guest: Victoria Schofield. The Kashmir conflict and how it may relate to last week's attack in Mumbai. Transcript.
- On this day in 1955, Rosa Parks, a black seamstress, defied the law by refusing to give up her seat to a white man aboard a Montgomery, Ala., city bus.
- Guest: Dr. Walter M. Brasch. The Media Auto Know Better: Fueling the Anti-Union Fires.
- Guest: Jonathan Alter, Senior Editor, Newsweek Magazine. Author, "The Defining Moment: FDR's Hundred Days and the Triumph of Hope".
- Guest: Jonathan Tasini, Executive Director, Labor Research Association. Robert Rubin: Coward Or Liar--Or Both?
- Guest: Former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. Recap and update on his case. The court will hear his appeal on December 9.
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
- Obama just announced his security team, with Hillary as Secretary of State.
- India. It started like a Robert Ludlum novel. An imperfect analogy is that Kashmir is to India and Pakistan what the West Bank is to Israel and Palestine.
- Guest: Victoria Schofield. The Kashmir conflict and how it may relate to last week's attack in Mumbai.
"An expert on Kashmir, whose publications include Kashmir in the Crossfire (1996) Kashmir in Conflict (2000 and 2002) and Afghan Frontier: Feuding and Fighting in Central Asia. Her first biography, Wavell: Soldier and Statesman, was published in 2006. She is a frequent commentator on BBC World Service and BBC World TV and also reviews for the Journal of the Royal Society for Asian Affairs.She has an MA Hons degree in Modern History from Oxford University and was President of the Union in 1977. She was the Visiting Alistair Horne Fellow at St Antony's College, Oxford 2004-05."
She's in London. It's more complicated than "Kashmir is to India and Pakistan what the West Bank is to Israel and Palestine". Look more closely at the Kashmir dispute, not just Mumbai, it has moved from terrorism to political, in past month both sides were to keen to talk, with Kashmiris. December 2001 terrorists on Indian soil. It's too early to pin the attacks on Kashmir. Kashmiri groups condemned it. They used gun from 1989, got the issue on the table, and are now political. The geography, religions and history of the Kashmir dispute. Transcript.
- Bumper Music: Miniature Disasters, KT Tunstall.
- Article: Concerns grow over ability of states to raise debt.
"Fears are rising over the ability of governments to raise the vast amounts of debt they need to pay for economic stimulus packages and bank bail-outs.
Faced with the prospect of governments around the world issuing more than