January 06 2009 show notes
Jan. 11, 2009 9:28 pm
By Thom Hartmann A...
- The economy.
- Best of the rest of the news.
- Guest: Ron Reagan, supporting chimps in spite of the fact that a chimp peed on him when he was on the Air America Cruise. "Chimp Haven".
- Guest: Russ Baker, Author of "Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America".
- Guest: Bill McKibben, environmentalist, author of "Deep Economy: the Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future" explains how we have passed the safe limit of 350 ppm CO2 in the atmosphere, which means a freaking emergency.
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
Tuesday 06 January '09 show
- The national debt of the USA is 70% of GDP. During the Carter administration it was 35%. It was around 33% when Reagan came into office and 68% when he left. It was 70% near the start of Clinton's coming into office but he dropped it by 10%.
- Article: Germany prepares