January 08 2009 show notes
Jan. 13, 2009 5:25 pm
By Thom Hartmann A...
- Obama's economic speech today.
- The Two Santa Claus Theory - spending government money and giving away tax cuts, bankrupting the country in the process. Transcript of the whole hour.
- Guest: Tina Brown. "The Daily Beast" website.
- Guest: Former CIA strategist Retired Air Force Colonel Robert Chandle, author, "Shadow World: The Secret War Against America".
- Guest: Christy Harvey, Director of Strategic Communications at the Center for American Progress, MicCheckradio.org. "News Under the Radar".
Topics, guests, upcoming events, quotes, links to articles, audio clips, books & bumper music.
Thursday 08 January '09 show
- The good news is that Obama just gave a brilliant speech, the first salvo in a sales pitch, no specifics, though there were some broad details.
- The bad news is that CNN were running a special on "Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination", which was cut to make room for Obama. Thom was once cut by Lorena Bobbit.
- Barack Obama's economic speech today and how the Republicans deliberately have played the Two Santa Claus Theory - spending government money and giving away tax cuts, bankrupting the country in the process. Transcript of the whole hour.
"Nearly two million jobs have been now lost, and on Friday we are likely to learn that we lost more jobs last year than at any time since World War II. Just in the past year, another 2.8 million Americans who want and need full-time work have had to settle for part-time jobs. Manufacturing has hit a twenty-eight year low."
Obama Economic Speech, January 8, 2009.
"This crisis did not happen solely by some accident of history or normal turn of the business cycle, and we won