VIDEO OF THOM ON CNN'S "LARRY KING LIVE" 3/23/2009

Watch the video of Thom's recent appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live" discussing the top issues of the day.

Comments

Kristina Thorpe (not verified) 15 years 18 weeks ago

I saw you on Larry King tonight and you were fantastic! I've been listening to you for almost two years since I've been in Seattle. And the whole time I've been raving to my friends about how you're the smartest man on radio. Finally, you're getting the recognition you, and we, deserve. Spread those intelligent thoughts and ideas!

Good on you, Thom!

George Fulmore (not verified) 15 years 17 weeks ago

I think that Thom is an excellent spokesperson for progressive change in this country. What Thom was saying in the video is essentially what the article today in the Huffington Post says: "If a Financial Institution is Too Big to Fail, It's Just Too Big," By Robert Creamer, Huffington Post. I recommend the article as a good read. It tells us the BofA and Citi have about 45% of the total banking market in the US right now. 45%! That is nuts. They need to be broken up into smaller, more regulated pieces.
I have mixed feelings on whether Thom should spend more time on the cable talk shows. Surely a voice like his is needed, but is it worth his time? I'l rather have him play a role in the Obama administration directly, I think. He's a good one, for sure. He sure represents my views on most issues (immigration reform and globalization are areas we might disagree).

Good_Boy (not verified) 15 years 17 weeks ago

Who 'appointed' Mr. King, as arbiter of a public employee's fate? Without Mr. Hartmann, in that interview it would have been 'pure gottcha'! Why is any trusted MSM voice, post-Cronkite, any more than many, melifluous, bass tones??

ej75 (not verified) 15 years 17 weeks ago

Thom was way out of his league on this panel. Even Huffington looked confused at his ramblings. No wonder he hasn't progressed in media popularity. What a sad display.

Greg (not verified) 15 years 16 weeks ago

ej75, you couldn't be more wrong. Right wing plant or just stupid..., or both?

Scott A (not verified) 15 years 16 weeks ago

I agree with Greg. Both - plant and stupid! Hartmann has done independent research. Not like those who get their research information from a cable news chanel or printed talking points.

ej75 (not verified) 15 years 16 weeks ago

Yes...I am a plant...put in place by a giant right-wing organization. We wire-tap your phones and feel threatened by your radical ramblings. I would love to debate issues with Thom but he screens out conflicting callers. All he allows are right wing wacko guests that he knows he can tackle. I would love to see him take on a conservative host like a Limbaugh, Hannity or Levin. They would eat him alive. Despite his rantings, the founding fathers are rolling in their graves at what is happening to this country. When did Jefferson say that we are owed health care, a house, a job, a college education, etc.... Help yourself. Cheers!

Thom's Blog Is On the Move

Hello All

Thom's blog in this space and moving to a new home.

Please follow us across to hartmannreport.com - this will be the only place going forward to read Thom's blog posts and articles.

"Through compelling personal stories, Hartmann presents a dramatic and deeply disturbing picture of humans as a profoundly troubled species. Hope lies in his inspiring vision of our enormous unrealized potential and his description of the path to its realization."
David Korten, author of Agenda for a New Economy, The Great Turning, and When Corporations Rule the World
"Thom is a national treasure. Read him, embrace him, learn from him, and follow him as we all work for social change."
Robert Greenwald, political activist and founder and president of Brave New Films
From Unequal Protection, 2nd Edition:
"If you wonder why and when giant corporations got the power to reign supreme over us, here’s the story."
Jim Hightower, national radio commentator and author of Swim Against the Current