VIDEO OF THOM ON CNN'S "LARRY KING LIVE" 3/23/2009

Watch the video of Thom's recent appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live" discussing the top issues of the day.

Comments

Kristina Thorpe (not verified) 11 years 1 week ago

I saw you on Larry King tonight and you were fantastic! I've been listening to you for almost two years since I've been in Seattle. And the whole time I've been raving to my friends about how you're the smartest man on radio. Finally, you're getting the recognition you, and we, deserve. Spread those intelligent thoughts and ideas!

Good on you, Thom!

George Fulmore (not verified) 11 years 1 week ago

I think that Thom is an excellent spokesperson for progressive change in this country. What Thom was saying in the video is essentially what the article today in the Huffington Post says: "If a Financial Institution is Too Big to Fail, It's Just Too Big," By Robert Creamer, Huffington Post. I recommend the article as a good read. It tells us the BofA and Citi have about 45% of the total banking market in the US right now. 45%! That is nuts. They need to be broken up into smaller, more regulated pieces.
I have mixed feelings on whether Thom should spend more time on the cable talk shows. Surely a voice like his is needed, but is it worth his time? I'l rather have him play a role in the Obama administration directly, I think. He's a good one, for sure. He sure represents my views on most issues (immigration reform and globalization are areas we might disagree).

Good_Boy (not verified) 11 years 1 week ago

Who 'appointed' Mr. King, as arbiter of a public employee's fate? Without Mr. Hartmann, in that interview it would have been 'pure gottcha'! Why is any trusted MSM voice, post-Cronkite, any more than many, melifluous, bass tones??

ej75 (not verified) 11 years 6 days ago

Thom was way out of his league on this panel. Even Huffington looked confused at his ramblings. No wonder he hasn't progressed in media popularity. What a sad display.

Greg (not verified) 11 years 3 days ago

ej75, you couldn't be more wrong. Right wing plant or just stupid..., or both?

Scott A (not verified) 11 years 2 days ago

I agree with Greg. Both - plant and stupid! Hartmann has done independent research. Not like those who get their research information from a cable news chanel or printed talking points.

ej75 (not verified) 11 years 2 days ago

Yes...I am a plant...put in place by a giant right-wing organization. We wire-tap your phones and feel threatened by your radical ramblings. I would love to debate issues with Thom but he screens out conflicting callers. All he allows are right wing wacko guests that he knows he can tackle. I would love to see him take on a conservative host like a Limbaugh, Hannity or Levin. They would eat him alive. Despite his rantings, the founding fathers are rolling in their graves at what is happening to this country. When did Jefferson say that we are owed health care, a house, a job, a college education, etc.... Help yourself. Cheers!

'Epic of Gilgamesh': How Mad King Trump angered the gods

Thom plus logo In the 4,000-year-old "Epic of Gilgamesh," the arrogant eponymous king killed Humbaba, the giant guardian of the forest so that he could cut down the cedar stands in what is now northern Iraq to build his great city of Uruk. Gilgamesh's people then diverted the Euphrates River to irrigate fields of barley.

Latest Headlines

Who rejected United States-North Korea peace talks?

There were conflicting reports on Sunday regarding a recent proposal for United States-North Korea peace talks which was allegedly made before North Korea"s recent nuclear test

U.K. Pound Falls As Markets Get Brexit Jitters

Bloomberg said on Monday the pound had sustained its biggest fall against the dollar in 11 months

Clinton: I'll defend Israel but push for 'two-state solution

Hillary Clinton believes both Republican candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz "missed the mark" with their approach to the Israel-Palestinian Arab conflict
"Right through the worst of the Bush years and into the present, Thom Hartmann has been one of the very few voices constantly willing to tell the truth. Rank him up there with Jon Stewart, Bill Moyers, and Paul Krugman for having the sheer persistent courage of his convictions."
Bill McKibben, author of Eaarth
"Through compelling personal stories, Hartmann presents a dramatic and deeply disturbing picture of humans as a profoundly troubled species. Hope lies in his inspiring vision of our enormous unrealized potential and his description of the path to its realization."
David Korten, author of Agenda for a New Economy, The Great Turning, and When Corporations Rule the World
From Unequal Protection, 2nd Edition:
"Hartmann combines a remarkable piece of historical research with a brilliant literary style to tell the grand story of corporate corruption and its consequences for society with the force and readability of a great novel."
David C. Korten, author of When Corporations Rule the World and Agenda for A New Economy