- Thom was in New York today.
- Lurita Doan, former Administrator of the General Services Administration and "conservative African American woman".
- Dr. John Lott, economist, columnist, author, latest book "Freedomnomics: Why the Free Market Works and Other Half-Baked Theories Don't".
- Dr. Andrew Weil, world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine; columnist for Prevention and TIME magazines; and author of 10 best selling books including his latest "Why Our Health Matters".
- Is President Carter right…racism is alive and well in America?
- Dispelling the right wing’s health care reform myths
- Why Our Health Matters
- Bumper Music:
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Video: SPLC's Potok suggests Limbaugh's and Beck's racially charged remarks activate "hate criminals".
"From the September 17 edition of MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews:
Earlier, the Southern Poverty Law Center's Mark Potok said that "yesterday, Rush Limbaugh was on the air talking about an incident in which black kids attacked a white kid on a school bus, an incident the police said was not racially motivated, and saying that what we need are segregated buses, that this is the only way, I suppose, that white people can be protected from black people. I think when we have characters like Limbaugh saying that on the air to millions of Americans, many of whom actually revere the man, you know, it's not surprising that people feel that, you know, the race war is around the corner and that we're allowed to say these kinds of things.""
- Article: Limbaugh Cares About Hate Crimes Only When Whites Are Victims — Even If They’re Not Real Hate Crimes.
"It’s Obama’s America, is it not? Obama’s America, white kids getting beat up on school buses now. You put your kids on a school bus, you expect safety but in Obama’s America the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, “Yay, right on, right on, right on, right on,” and, of course, everybody says the white kid deserved it, he was born a racist, he’s white. Newsweek magazine told us this. We know that white students are destroying civility on buses, white students destroying civility in classrooms all over America, white congressmen destroying civility in the House of Representatives."
- Article: Why I Am A Conservative On Health Care Reform by Dr. Andrew Weil.
"Since when is it conservative to embrace new, overpriced, corrupt systems, like the health-destroying and ruinously expensive protocols of much of modern medicine? "Conservative" has several meanings, but two central ones are "favoring traditional views and values," and "avoiding excess.""