- Broadcasting live from the campus of Ithaca College in Ithaca, NY with our friends from progressive talk 1470AM WNYY.
- Senator Bernie Sanders, Independent of Vermont.
- Mark Finkelstein, host of "Right Angle," an award-winning local political talk show.
- Bob Amsterdam, foreign policy writer, blogger, international human rights and business attorney.
- Jeff Cohen, journalist, lecturer and media critic; founding director of the Park Center for Independent Media and endowed chair/associate professor of journalism at Ithaca College.
- Brunch with Bernie.
- Why should health care not be a right?
- Iran's secret second nuclear plant.
- Corporate media & the future of news.
- 'Anything goes' Friday.
- Bumper Music:
- Stand, Rascal Flatts.
- Learn To Live, Darius Rucker.
- Come On In, Brad Paisley (video).
- Tumbling Dice, Rolling Stones (video).
- Tommy Can You Hear Me? The Who.
- Ghost Chickens in the Sky, Sean Morey.
- Let's Work Together, Canned Heat.
- Jai Ho, A.R. Rahman, Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack. (video)
- Simply The Best, Tina Turner (video).
- What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
KYL: I don’t need maternity care, and so requiring that to be in my insurance policy is something that I don’t need and will make the policy more expensive.
STABENOW: If I could just interject once with my colleague — I think your mom probably did. (LAUGHTER)
KYL: Over 60 years ago my mom did. (LAUGHTER) You notice I wasn’t too specific with regard to that.