Daily Topics - Monday - March 15th 2010

peal oil imagesQuote:  The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun. -- Ralph Nader

Welcome newest affiliate stations: "Community Media Center of Marin, Marin County, CA"; "North Andover CAM in North Andover, MA"; and "LCTV in Newcastle, Maine"...to all of you welcome and thank you for carrying our program!

Hour One - Are you willing to have fewer crimes solved in order to have more personal privacy?

Hour Two - Why do Republicans love Middle Eastern terrorists and Cesar Chavez? Carrie Lukas www.iwf.org

Hour Three "Everything You Know is Wrong" Former Governor Jesse Ventura, His latest book is "American Conspiracies: Lies, Lies, and More Dirty Lies the Government Tells Us" www.trutv.com

Upcoming Events with Thom Hartmann: Friday, March 19th, 6-8pm  Demos and the New York Law School Chapter of the American Constitution Society present an evening with Thom Hartmann - "When Corporations Became People."  Thom will also talk about his updated book "Unequal Protection: The Rise of Corporate Dominance and the Theft of Human Rights"...event is at New York Law School Auditorium, 185 W Broadway, New York, NY...free tickets at www.demos.org (and click on events)

Comments

Gerald Socha (not verified) 12 years 14 weeks ago

Since the Republicans control the fraudulent voting machines, the Democrats will be slaughtered in 2010 and 2012. Whoever controls our rigged voting machines controls our nation's destiny.

scandi (not verified) 12 years 14 weeks ago

Thom talked about getting nightmares reading "1984". Worse than that is listening to Mike Malloy read from "1984" for several nights before bed until I realized that this was extremely counterproductive to restful sleep. Malloy's hypnotic inflection of Orwell's words totally creeped me out.

Gerald Socha (not verified) 12 years 14 weeks ago

War crimes against humanity by the US Military are mounting up.

textynn (not verified) 12 years 14 weeks ago

If DNA info becomes available to big corporations, why can't I reserve, based on the rights of a copyright owner. If these corporations had this much valuable information, they would charge me to sift through for my personal interests. I reserve the right to do the same. Especially if my DNA is used to design medicines that I will be charged to use from a for-profit health care system.

When I had my first child the nurse told another nurse to prepare my placenta and make sure it was properly stored. A conversation with the nurse revealed to me realize that the hospital was selling my placenta to a pharmaceutical company. I said that I wanted my bill credited for that sale. Which of course the nurse scoffed and said I had no need of it so therefore I was not entitled to payment. Then she left.

Anyway, my dad who is a retired Fed judge said that by that reasoning, that if I were an airplane pilot and owned my own plane and then went blind, I should be forced to sell if for free because I have no use for it.

If corporations are people then why is a person's personal stats and all that can be learned for them free game.?

textynn (not verified) 12 years 14 weeks ago

Sorry, accidentally hit post before it was all fixed for errors.

kim (not verified) 12 years 14 weeks ago

Ron Rutherford -- What is it you are trying to say? Your point is unclear.

Justin (not verified) 12 years 14 weeks ago

Thom,
You keep saying "Cesar Chavez," but I think you mean "Hugo." And he's more "socialist" and "populist" than "terrorist." He's using Venezuela's oil revenues to help the people.

Thom's Blog Is On the Move

Hello All

Today, we are closing Thom's blog in this space and moving to a new home.

Please follow us across to hartmannreport.com - this will be the only place going forward to read Thom's blog posts and articles.

"If we are going to live in a Democracy, we need to have a healthy middle class. Thom Hartmann shows us how the ‘cons’ have wronged this country, and tells us what needs to be done to reclaim what it is to be American."
Eric Utne, Founder, Utne magazine
"Thom Hartmann is a creative thinker and committed small-d democrat. He has dealt with a wide range of topics throughout his life, and this book provides an excellent cross section. The Thom Hartmann Reader will make people both angry and motivated to act."
Dean Baker, economist and author of Plunder and Blunder, False Profits, and Taking Economics Seriously
"Once again, Thom Hartmann hits the bull’s eye with a much needed exposé of the so-called ‘free market.’ Anyone concerned about the future of our nation needs to read Screwed now."
Michael Toms, Founding President, New Dimensions World Broadcasting Network and author of A Time For Choices: Deep Dialogues for Deep Democracy