- Greg Palast, New York Times-bestselling author; journalist for the BBC.
- Kevin R. Johnson, Dean, UC Davis School of Law.
- New Yorker Magazine Editor David Remnick, author of several books...his latest is "The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama".
- Chris Hedges, columnist-Truthdig; senior fellow-The Nation Institute; author, his most recent book is "Empire of Illusion" (his latest piece on TruthDig is The New Secessionists).
- Is the Immigration issue in Arizona a smoke screen for Republican suppression tactics?
- What should immigration reform look like?
- Who is Barack Obama really?
- Will Vermont and Texas actually secede from the Union and might that be a good thing for America?
- Bumper Music:
- Show Me What I'm Looking For, Carolina Liar.
- Arizona Mark Lindsay.
- The Twilight Zone, Marius Constant.
- Do Right, Jimmie's Chicken Shack.
- Who Are You, The Who.
- Who Do You Love? George Thorogood and the Destroyers.
- Where Is The Love, Black Eyed Peas.
- Let's Work Together, Canned Heat.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: “Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrations and revolutionists.” -- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Monday 26 April '10 show notes
Apr. 26, 2010 3:45 pm