May. 26, 2010 8:11 am
- Mike Papantonio, co-host of The Ring of Fire Radio Program with Robert Kennedy, Jr.
- Fellow talk show host and author Bill Press.
- Nancy Altman, author of "The Battle for Social Security: From FDR’s Vision to Bush’s Gamble" and co-director of Social Security Works.
- Robert Knight Senior Writer and Washington, D.C., Correspondent for Coral Ridge Ministries.
- Congressman Alan Grayson, D-Fla.
- Should BP be put out of business and its executives put in jail?
- "Toxic Talk: How the Radical Right has Poisoned America’s Airwaves"
- Has Obama slipped Social Security death panels in under our noses?
- Why are socialist organizations that want us to pay their taxes allowed to make money criticizing socialism?!
- The War Is Making You Poor Act
- Bumper Music:
- Into The Ocean, Blue October.
- You're an Ocean, Fastball.
- Defy You, The Offspring.
- Behind Those Eyes, 3 Doors Down.
- Ghost Chickens in the Sky, Sean Morey.
- Who knows?, Jimi Hendrix.
- You can leave your hat on, Randy Newman.
- Drive, Incubus.
- Before You Accuse Me, Eric Clapton.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- Crazy, Gnarls Barkley.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." ~ James Madison.
- Clip: Jimmy Carter televised "Crisis of Confidence" Speech on July 15, 1979.
"The energy crisis is real. It is worldwide. It is a clear and present danger to our nation. These are facts and we simply must face them. Moreover, I will soon submit legislation to Congress calling for the creation of this nation's first solar bank, which will help us achieve the crucial goal of 20 percent of our energy coming from solar power by the year 2000.
What I have to say to you now about energy is simple and vitally important. Point one: I am tonight setting a clear goal for the energy policy of the United States. Beginning this moment, this nation will never use more foreign oil than we did in 1977 -- never. From now on, every new addition to our demand for energy will be met from our own production and our own conservation.
The generation-long growth in our dependence on foreign oil will be stopped dead in its tracks right now and then reversed as we move through the 1980s, for I am tonight setting the further goal of cutting our dependence on foreign oil by one-half by the end of the next decade -- a saving of over 4-1/2 million barrels of imported oil per day."