Jun. 7, 2010 7:34 am
- Show live from Dial Global studios, New York.
- Dr. Riki Ott, marine toxicologist and former commercial salmon fisher in Alaska, author of “Not One Drop: Betrayal and Courage in the Wake of the Exxon Valdez Spill".
- Trent Lange, Campaign Chair, Yes on Prop 15 - California Fair Elections Act.
- Peter Ferrara, General Counsel for the American Civil Rights Union.
- Jerry Moran, photographer, native Orleanian.
- Carl Messineo, Spokesperson, Seize BP campaign.
- Latest on disaster in the Gulf.
- One small step to get corporations out of politics.
- Why do right wingers refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of any Democratic presidency?
- BP lies and deception
- Seize BP campaign
- Bumper Music:
- How About You, Staind.
- Complicated, Avril Lavigne.
- New York New York, Frank Sinatra.
- Be Somebody, 3 Doors Down.
- The Warmth, Incubus.
- Because I Got High, Afroman.
- Trucker Hat, Bowling for Soup.
- Hero (From Spiderman movie), Chad Kroeger and Josey Scott.
- Grand Canyon, Dmitriy Lukyanov (you need to search for it) (with additional sounds by Jacob).
- Democracy, Leonard Cohen.
- Today's newsletter has details of today's guests and links to the major stories and alerts that Thom covered in the show, plus lots more. If you haven't signed up for the free newsletter yet, please do. If you missed today's newsletter, it is in the archive.
- Quote: "It is a curious situation that the sea, from which life first arose, should now be threatened by the activities of one form of that life." -- Rachel Carson.
- From the chat room: [eddie_on_drums] THINK, before the white man stepped foot on this land called North America, you could DRINK from ANY river read Lewis and Clark diaries